My first 1/35 diorama

found this up in my attic, and brought it down. dusted it off, and looked at it for a while.
can’t believe how much better I’ve gotten.
(Of course, I had 10 years to improve.)

really it’s my first topic, but i’ve commented a bit, so sorry if it’s hard to figure out.

6 Likes

sorry for the lighting problem.

and, only halfway through did i realize that i used the wrong tank for a korean war diorama.

I think that’s the fun of this crazy hobby, if we all looked at what our first efforts turned out like we would cry… Nearly every time I look in here I discover some new technique or wash or pigment …and it all goes to improving what I do, well I hope it does lol…
And we’ll done for keeping the first Dio you did… All my models when I started ending up as target practice for my .22 air rifle.

Looking forward to seeing what you’ve done since then…

thanks! yeah, looking back can be pretty funny and sad.
I’ve done a decent amount of things since then. unfortunately, I’m still missing different models I need to buy a couple more models for some other dioramas I’m looking at doing. I have a couple of other old ones, too.

It’s fun to go back and see your early builds. I cringe at some of the stuff I built when I restarted the hobby back in the early 1990’s.

Cheers,
C.

That it is. :joy:

Only one question, when you made it, did you enjoy yourself? If the answer is yes, then it’s a great dio! We all learn as we go along. Part of the process. Some of my stuff will never see the light of day on here but, when I made them, different story…
G.

2 Likes

Hi Logan,

Looks good to me, especially for a first attempt, :slightly_smiling_face:.

As for accuracy of our own builds, I agree with John about crying…actually I still do at times, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:…one of my first ever builds nearly 4 decades ago featured a tamiya M113 with a WW2 sand channel self supporting on the hull side…and here’s the proof, :sob:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

2 Likes

My first dios only had tanks with no figures because I couldn’t be bothered with painting them plus I sucked at painting them! So you were braver than me with your first.
J

1 Like

Nice work!

Well , you had a vision and an idea and you followed through on it . Doesn’t matter what it was , it remains a blueprint for where you are now . Upwards and onwards man !!

2 Likes