My first boat

Hey all, midterms are approaching so I’ve been looking to do a nice easy build. As such, I decided to pick up Tamiya’s 1/350 scale I-400 submarine. With only four sprues, it was exactly what I wanted! I must say, I quite like building these ships. They make nice decor for my office.

I’ve clearly got a lot to learn, but that’s half the fun! I may do the 1/350 Yamato next, to continue with the IJN aesthetic.

Dennis

8 Likes

Nice looking sub. Well done.

Jim

1 Like

Hi Dennis,
That is a very nice build…Great work!
PS Where did you get the Tamiya enamel paint…a Canadian shop?
Cheers,

1 Like

Very impressive result!

1 Like

Tamiya EX paints are, to my knowledge, stocked by at least three vendors in Canada; Great Hobbies (which has the full line for sale online and in stores), Panda Hobby (in Markham) has them, and so does Wheels and Wings (on the Danforth). Right now the supply is pretty sporadic, Borgefeldt is the main supplier but I know they’ve had issues getting the full line imported, plus they had a covid outbreak which threw a wrench in shipping. I’m pretty sure sunward should have them soon too :call_me_hand:

Thanks for the info…much appreciated!
Cheers,

1 Like

Dennis said that Panda is in Markham. They have also recently opened a store on Dundas Stretet in Mississauga

1 Like

Grant,
Thanks for that additional info.
Cheers,

Look at them go!!! Great to see the hobby getting bigger

Awesome build - just luv these Subs. Still on my bucket list, I started my kit many years back but wanted to do some extras - then decided to walk away as the kit was too small to do all the changes I wanted - So have bought a second kit. will dig it out one day.

1 Like