My first "water based" diorama. Dragon LSSC in 1/35

Finished this not too long ago. My first “water born” diorama. It is supposed to represent a SEAL team returning from a mission to capture a prisoner for intel.
Kit is from Dragon. Figures are modified Dragon with new heads. POW is modified MB Models. Lot of work trying to figure out the differences between the LSSC and a STAB craft. It’s not perfect, but it was fun to build.

34 Likes

Nicely done !!!

4 Likes

Outstanding job.

4 Likes

Looks very cool. Loads of nice little details put into it.

3 Likes

That’s a great piece Robert- the boat looks really beat up and the battle damage is cool. Nice work on the figs and the setting too.

3 Likes

Beautiful job Robert! Everything looks fantastic

3 Likes

Everything’s to like about this, including the fact the water’s understated – or rather just right, muddy Mekong-esque. If that was just dumb luck never, ever admit it! A beauty :trophy:

4 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! Excellently detailed everywhere, from the damaged radome to the muddy bootprints. Superb figures. Outstanding diorama!

4 Likes

Great job! What did you use to make the empty brass casings?

3 Likes

The .50 cal brass is from Master Models. The links are from MJ Minatures. The 7,62 brass is cut from 28 gauge gold colored bead wire. Cut about 150 pieces using a sharp new x-acto and approximate length. Spread some white glue and dropped them where the ejection would most likely be (which would be everywhere). I like showing brass. Like I did with this diorama I call “King of Brass Mountain”.

15 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Very impressive,all the way around,I really enjoyed it

1 Like

Outstanding! Thanks for the info and additional photo!

2 Likes

Fine builds, great era, my favorite actually. Water works is another art form, not so easily mastered, imho.

1 Like

wow these dioramas are amazing and i love the spent brass detail, it makes it come to life.

2 Likes