My Model Structures, Your Model Structures ~ Show & Tell

Once again I ask; Would anyone know what company this structure kit hails from?

I could not find a maker’s mark anywhere.

The structure was originally an O/S scale structure. I added the rough stone foundation to raise it up and make it more “O” scale. Colors were originally white plastic walls with a dark green roof, with different railings and no steps.

6b47306ead912d55cc1d553af4d2c38c7d8e990a_2_517x319

1 Like

I’ve never been able to find an O or S scale building that looks like that. Sorry. I hope we can find what it is cuz it’s a neat looking house.

I found this one in the local hobbyshop’s $2 junk bin.

Been awhile since I have done any RR&R (Revive, Repaint & Rejuvenate) of old scrap structures saved from the LHS “junk bin.” Hopefully these three will go on to live a all new life on someone’s HO Layout.

First a General Store / REA Freight Depot:
Applied a black wash to both the roof & wood siding to bring out the detail. Added car up on blocks. Add more signage. Add surrounding details. Add ground work & greenery.

Second is a small Railroad Interlocking Tower:
Repaint, repair hand railings, stain roof, add chimneys & smoke stacks, plus new ground work, greenery and ballast.

Some signage now added.

Third, a salvaged Bridge - Consisting of an Altas deck combined with the structure of a Lionel “blinking light” Bridge:
Take two broken bridge kits and make one more realistic looking bridge.

3 Likes

A Flyer repair & repaint of the old “Baggage Smasher” Depot - S Scale:
Repaint roof and Chimney. Repair and Repaint damaged and grossly unpainted white loading dock.

3 Likes

if anyone needs “structural inspiration,” take a look at the book of E.L. Moore models by JD Lowe on his website: 30Squares: The E. L. Moore eBook is done….and it’s free! (30squaresofontario.blogspot.com)

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning my E. L. Moore ebook. This is a fascinating thread. That O/S cabin with the L-shaped plan posted by 165thspc sure does remind me of the old HO-scale kit by AHM of E. L. Moore’s Ma’s Place. The similarities might just be a coincidence, but it’s intriguing.

2 Likes

Hi Jim, welcome to Railroad Modeling, and KitMaker Network. I look forward to looking at your work. All my best, Fred

Hi S.E., welcome to Railroad Modeling and the KitMaker Network. Thanks for posting this link. Look forward to you posting pictures of your work. All my best, Fred

Thanks Fred!

After a little bit of searching I think this building is a Plasticville O-scale Ranch House. Here’s a link to an example:

What do you think?

1 Like

That is most definitely the origins of my WIP Cabin! Thank you.

Had never seen this item before until I found it bagged in the LHS scrap bin.

1 Like

More recent RR&R (Revive, Repaint & Rejuvenate)

First; an Interlocking Tower with custom paint, lots of Citadel transparent shaders, plus much ground clutter, random detail and grass added.

Second: another run down residence. I just cannot seem help giving most every structure some “accelerated decrepitude.” Some repaint and more Citadel shaders, a few broken or missing shutters and so on.

And Finally: a three story (slightly run down) hotel. Lots of new chimneys, more Citadel shaders and some flowers added. Much signage, plus a new back door with small porch roof and stoop.

5 Likes

**The latest RR&R Mini-Project:

An HO waiting shed with missing clock faces that I had to replace just today:

New clock faces installed. Then repainted the roof a more realistic shade of green and added a black transparent shader (Citadel; Nuln Oil) to the roof and the platform deck to bring out the texture and detail.

4 Likes

Very fitting! :mantelpiece_clock:

Small Pola Manufacturing Structure - Lexington Tool & Die ~ HO Scale
Adding roof detail, assorted clutter, ground cover and custom signage:

4 Likes

And yet another R, R&R resurrection project that will now go back to the local hobby shop in a much more sellable condition: (I do volunteer work there and re-doing these structures lets me continue to enjoy modeling, in ALL scales, while no longer having a layout in my small home.)

Here I added more color variations to the roof and the sidewalks using paint, washes and pastel pigments to bring out the very nicely molded detail of this HO plastic kit.

3 Likes

That small factory is especially effective Michael, the external ground ‘clutter’ really helps bring it to life, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

2 Likes

Thank You

That is exactly what the Hobbyshop owner says. He has asked me to now always include some ground cover, shrubbery and additional scattered details. Says it makes the structures much more attractive and sellable at the shop. (He likes to have some ready built structures available right along side the “you build it” kit stock.)

Of course for this type of work I get free access to his detailing parts supply and his spares bin.

17be064acca4cf49e39a98faff0ca5861c93b5b8_2_337x300510db3955c7885106cd94ba2567f18adcf8c6482_2_620x5003ca4d92e4fbad5b0e65767268bc6976a6ee811b9_2_498x375

3 Likes

Two more recent reworks:

I added the base here which allowed me to add the ground work, tree, animals and rabbit hutch.

I extended the existing base which allowed me to add the trees, plant and tile walkway. I also added more roof details.

3 Likes