My Tamiya M551, Vietnam 1970

Finished my Tamiya M551 Sheridan, “Gypsy Girl”, Vietnam 1970. Scratch built the turret basket. Building a base now.

31 Likes

Wonderful, great build and all around finish. the M551 is one of my favorite tanks.

1 Like

that is one grungy looking Sheridan, i love it, i can’t wait to see the base you make for it.

1 Like

Love it :star_struck:

1 Like

That’s an excellent job there Rob! Love the finish and the extra gear piled on the back. Really great job

1 Like

What a beauty that is! Really awesome work on the dirt and vegetation layered over the front- very realistic looking. Got to hand it to you on the excellent stowage- nice to see all the gear spread out and the colored boxes really draw the eye in nicely. Good looking figures too!

1 Like

Well done. You’ve captured that Vietnam red dirt and that lived in look.

1 Like

Great build and outstanding finishing and weathering. Beautiful use of grime.

1 Like

Great build. Real lived in look. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Great build and a superb finish. The earth colour looks perfect to me. Great stowage and crew figures as well … :+1:

1 Like

well done!

1 Like

Outstanding work! The Sheridan is one of my favorites too. So much so that I’ve got three shelf queens sitting in boxes…

I really dig the 2-quart hanging off of the TC’s cupola.

1 Like

Very well done! Obviously a lot of time and work went into this model. 1970 happened to be my year in Vietnam, and the vehicle, figures, the “stuff” and the dirt all look absolutely right! You should be proud of this build. Almost brings the taste of lukewarm’Bud back.

1 Like

Fantastic job!

1 Like

Thank you all for the comments. I am humbled.
So, here is a quick preview of the ground work. Trying to get it finished for upcoming show this weekend.

8 Likes

What’s not to like? I do have some space on a shelf that you could use.

1 Like

you did well, and thank you for not putting grenades in the tubes! Never saw a Sheridan with anything but beer cans in them. What unit is this track from? I’m guessing 5th Mech.
gary

1 Like

Even without being finished, that groundwork is outstanding. The green plants, going down into the muddy track and then onto that fantastic burnt out bunker is brilliant and the varying burnt tones on the soil are superb as are the burnt plants. That is an award winning piece. Hats off to a beautiful dio.

1 Like

Awesome, just,…Awesome!