Napoleon’s Women Camp Followers | Armorama™

This is a review by Randy L Harvey of Napoleon’s Women Camp Followers from Osprey Publishing by author Terry Crowdy and illustrator Crista Hook with series editors Martin Windrow and Nick Reynolds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/napoleon-s-women-camp-followers
1 Like

Soon to be followed by “Murat’s Personal Camp Followers” in two volumes and “Pauline Bonaparte’s Military Lovers” in three…

Cheers,

M

Wow, I admit that I am completely ignorant of this subject. I have always associated “camp follower” with prostitution. The illustrator’s style is appealing, too.

3 Likes

Hi Fred. This subject is a far cry from what I normally review but I found this title to be very interesting. I was really impressed with how the civilian followers were organized and governed. I enjoyed the title and wouldn’t mind reviewing more along the same subject line.

Thanks,
Randy :slight_smile:

This little lady may appeal to you then:

It’s Historex’ La Cantiniere, the kit (an instant vignette) has been around for donkeys years and is surprisingly affordable for a Historex kit (if you can find someone with it in stock).
There’s another (much more expensive) kit which has her with her two-wheeled covered cart, clients and a lot of other stuff to make a bigger diorama, but I believe the lady by herself is available as a spare part (509 Vivandiere). As for those other “Camp Follower” types you were thinking of (“Ladies of Negotiable Affection”) they have the makings of those too…

Cheers,

M

1 Like