Narva 1944. 1/35

A small dio I made many years ago using two Dragon figures. The scene is two Waffen SS panzergrenadiers running through a frontline trench where battle is raging :slight_smile: This one I donated to the WW2 museum by “the Blue hills”/Kinderheimhöhe in Sinimaed east of Narva:)

DSCN4635

DSCN4692

15 Likes

Nice. Narva is an interesting battle, especially if you are interested in the history of the Waffen SS. Have you seen the film “1944: Forced to Fight”? I think that’s about Narva.

1 Like

Simple, but really well done! I especially like the splintered “trees” - I’ll have to remember that! :+1:
:smiley:

1 Like

This is a simple but nicely executed diorama. The figures crouching and running along the trench and those splintered trees impart a sense of insecurity and drama. Well done!

1 Like

I love the groundwork…

Congrats…

1 Like

a fabulous diorama, very evocative indeed.

1 Like

Well done little vingette! It’s really touching me as I have visited Narva in July 2015 during my holidays in Estonia. About 95 % of the people in Narva have russian as their mother language but I got by with my english. A bit difficult but it worked. They were delighted to meet a German in the most eastern city of the EU.

A bit outside of the city is a soviet memorial with a T-34 …

… and a bit further down the same road I came across this …

A good movie to learn about the tragedy of this small country during WW2 is the estonian made “1944 Brothers - Enimies”. Estonians were pressed into the fighting on both sides (like Latvians and Lithuanians) …

2 Likes

Thanks a lot guys:)
1944 is a good movies indeed, well worth a watch.
Here is a report from my visit to The Blue Hills/Kinderheimhöhe, the museum and the battlefields around there.

1 Like

Hi Inka,

Lovely vignette, really captures that ‘scorched earth’ feel.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

1 Like

A very nicely done ‘less is more’ vignette. You have managed to create the starkness and desperate feeling of battle. Kudos to you, very well done.
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Thanks a lot:)

Now that I like! Nice and simple and well executed. :+1: Love the trees. Going to keep that one in mind.
G.

1 Like

looks wonderful! just as amazing as the MG nest.

1 Like

That’s really terrific. I love the shattered trees in particular, but it’s all really great.

1 Like

Craking job! Well done.

1 Like