Need help identifying a kit

This is supposedly a Trumpeter kit but I can not find it anywhere. I’m referring to the plastic not the Voyager pe.

1 Like

It looks like they swapped the LSAC (Low Signature Armored Cab) armored cab from the M1078 LMTV w/ Armored Cab kit onto the standard M1083 FMTV kit. Trumpeter doesn’t make an M1083 w/LSAC armored cab kit.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought. Should be an easy swap.

2 Likes

It is. That is the beauty of the FMTVs. The parts are all modular and can easily be swapped between kits to make different versions.

3 Likes

That’s what I like…a quick question with a quick answer with a simple solution.

2 Likes

Maybe it is this kit.

Welcome aboard.

That is the kit as Gino had pointed out.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/voyager-model-pe35588-m1083-fmtv-armor-cab-basic--216462

No, the kit in the Voyager ad has an LSAC armored cab. The Trumpeter M1083 Armored Cab kit has a Radian Armored Cab. The M1078 Armored Cab kit has the LSAC Cab. They are very different.

Voyager ad enlarged. Clearly an LSAC Cab. The cab is very angular when the Radian cab is square. The LSAC also has a two-piece windshield with a center bar, while Radian has a one-piece windshield.

Voyager also shows an M1078 with the Radian armored cab, which is also not in kit form.

They swapped the cabs between the two kits.

1 Like

So, are the 2 vehicles they show actually used in these configurations? Wayne

Yes, the armored cabs were/are interchangeable and both types were used/tested on the two vehicles. The LSAC cab was the type selected for fielding. The Radian was not selected because it didn’t offer as much protection, mainly due to it being too square.

The LSAC cab has since been replaced by the LTAS (Long Term Armor Strategy) cab, installed on all types of LMTV/FMTV.

Trumpeter is supposed to release a couple kits w/the LTAS cab sometime this year.

M1088 Tractor (01099)

M1078A1P2 2 1/2 ton Cargo Truck (01094)

And I thought tanks were complicated!
Ken

2 Likes

The Rule of Cool demands I never add a Radian cab to my stash as it’s just too ugly for words. The LSAC isn’t horrible but I think the LTAS cab is a really attractive truck.

1 Like