Need help identifying colors

1. Vallejo Panzer Aces

The Deutsche Afrika Korps vehicles were painted with four RAL colors : 8000 and 7008 until March of 1942;

8020 and 7008 after March of 1942. Additionally, the base color

Panzer Grey 7021, was probably the color for the earliest vehicles. Dust seems to make it appear lighter in most photos. It may have been touched up with other paints etc to blend in better.

14 Shades of Panzer Grey

None of the current Vallejo paints are ideal match color wise for WW2 DAK from what I’ve read for any other German AFV RAL for that matter.

The Real Ral 7018 Dunkelgelb direct from the manufacturers!

Accurate paint information has been provided to Vallejo so there’s a reasonable hope they will update their paint colors at some point.

That may or may not be important to you. Wanted to mention that as some folks get very serious about that exact color match stuff. The colors are all usable of course and weathering shifts the colors. Below is a handy link to Vallejo Panzer Aces colors and their reference numbers.

1. As for WW2 USSR B04 green it appears to have had a good bit of variety. There’s a Vallejo set that should work pretty well.

vlj78403

1. No idea

BTW - if painting artillery shells etc Vallejo brass 70.801 is really outstanding for a great brass color. It’s A++

FWIW - Just passing on what I’ve seen as I don’t use Vallejo for base vehicle colors for a variety of reasons however I do like their paints for detailing items and equipment. I’ve found a drop of Vallejo airbrush thinner & a drop of Vallejo retarder very helpful with brush painting. I’ve never airbrush Vallejo my preferences are towards enamels like Floquil or lacquer paints etc.