New AD system for USMC

At least something like a Sgt York isn’t being considered.

Better than a 10 gauge shotgun …

1 Like

An RZR carrying missiles? - nah, it’ll never catch on… (the last image is a 1/50 scale project I did a couple of years back).

3 Likes

been in the moonsoon thru two seasons, and all things we think of as great become bogged down to the hull bottom. Then it reverts right back to the guy with his boots on the ground! I do see one advantage with this outfit (still unimpressive) in that it will have a low ground pressure. Thus lessening the chances of being bogged down (how much?). Guess one could also point out the fact that a basic Chinook can place the thing most anywhere. I did most of my indentured slavery in the mountains, so I like that part. Yet one could also do most everything we see with a standard missile set up on two trailers and be a little more effective.
gary

1 Like

although a canister round out of an M79 will certainly get your undivided attention on both ends.
gary

1 Like

Really cool build, John! :grinning:

USMC JLTVs with Anti-drone jammers, FLIR ball, and RWS with 7.62mm gatling gun.

JLTV with RWS with gun and two Stinger SHORADS.

For those Marines that need more armor than a MRZR. :grinning:

It’s ok. The TAPV is so bloody tall that it’s gonna be almost at eye level with most attack helicopters anyway.

4 Likes

Shhhhh! You’ll give away our air-to-air combat designs!

More armor? A thicker flak vest. :unamused:

3 Likes

How about a tracked vehicle with Chobham composite armor and a 120mm cannon?
They should design something like that!

2 Likes

Ridiculous, that will never catch on. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree with @Tank_1812 … thats a crazy idea … who would want something like that :thinking:

5 Likes

But what if the gun was in a rotating housing? I saw this on the USS Monitor. If it worked on a ship, maybe it could work on a vehicle?

6 Likes

sounds like witch craft to me … hand me my flintlock please :grin:

4 Likes

You mean like a gun turret?

1 Like

Preposterous! Lets get serious. Something proven is what we need… Something reliable!

Personal armor protective system. PAPS Very reliable

In addition I recommend adoption of another reliable personal anti aircraft system. PAAS the anti aircraft system for all Marines.

4 Likes

You mean something like the Army’s new SPAAG?
The newest and best in antiaircraft design since the M247 Sergeant York!
2021_09_04_0gz_Kleki (1)

4 Likes

Not sure about that … there are a lot of moving parts in that … it could be tricky …

1 Like

Shhhh, you will give them ideas…