New airbrush area set up

Moved my drafting table over to the airbrush area mostly so I can stand up while airbrushing.
I vent out my basement door.
The airbrush booth is certainly not top of the line!
I use a iwata Neo which works great for me. I’m glad that I bought it.
The rug ties the whole area together.

13 Likes

A++ It’s always good to have a dedicated set up area for airbrushing! Helps with consistency of having all the required items at hand in my experience.

Iwata makes excellent products!

1 Like

I had one before this, but I sat at a table and would feel uncomfortable after a bit. I think standing will help with that.
Now I have a beat up table that I have to find a place for.

1 Like

Depending on the sort of paint you spray (solvent based?) …
Vent to outside if possible
Replace surgical face masks with half face respirator that has replaceable filters rated for organic solvents.
Otherwise, looks like a great setup.

Some of us don’t have a choice of sitting, we only have a corner. I wish I had room for a spray booth thingy like you have. And a desk chair.

I exhaust through the basement bathroom. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I spray AK Real paints and Tamiya.
I vent out the gray door which leads outside.

2 Likes

Just painted a bit on this RFM KV-1.
Much more comfortable standing.

3 Likes

Looking good!

Being comfortable makes a lot of difference!

1 Like

Thanks, Sure does!
I’m thinking of modifying my model area as well.

Hello Arch,

I like how you have merged your modeling and reloading into the very essence of post modern decor. It speaks to me…lol

Respectfully,
Allen

3 Likes

It could be an inspiration to some… :smiley:

1 Like

Nice job so far on the KV-1 Dan. How do you like the AK Real colors?

Thanks! It’s a great kit.
Love them! I bought the box set and couldn’t be happier.
Thin them with Tamiya lacquer and your set.

Yes me too. I have about 35 or so now. I did buy the DAK set and used the yellow Braun or whatever it’s called and I agree, they sprayed beautifully. I still have about 100 Tamiya paints so I’ll use them til they’re gone.

Nice Big Lebowski reference btw. I hope you listen to some CCR when you model or anything but The Eagles.

Thanks, glad that you got it!
I listen to audiobooks when I model.

1 Like

Got a thin piece of plexiglass to cover the table.
Exciting day.

4 Likes

Whoever designed this spray booth is both a genius and a millionaire. Every modeler I know has one and it’s operation is brilliant. It allows me to use my workbench as my airbrush area and hide it away when I’m building. For those of you who don’t know, this spray booth folds into the size of a shoe box when not in use.

4 Likes

It works well for sure! There are many sellers for it and various prices, so if thinking of buying one, shop around!

2 Likes

much off the topic, but what’s your opinion of this kit?
gary