New tan color Used by the French Army

some time ago I looked into repainting my Tamiya LeClerc and Heller VCBI in this new color
but couldnt find any pics that showed them in the new color yesterday I seen a youtube video on the 2022 Bastille day parade
and it showed the VCBI and everything else but a LeClerc the only pic of a LeClerc in the new color was a Prototype with a 140mm gun any of our fellow model builders in France have any info on this and what also what color would come close in either Tamiya or AK

1 Like

This new color is called Brun Terre de France. I’ve read that Tamiya XF-92 Yellow-Brown DAK 1941 should be a good match…

H.P.

1 Like

thanks Frenchy have you seen any LeClercs in that scheme ?
you wouldnt happen to that the decals from Hellers 1 35scale VBCI IFV would you that you are willing to part with?

I can’t help you with the decals but here’s a Leclerc in Brun Terre de France color (so it seems)…But I’m not sure this color has been adopted yet for the Leclerc :roll_eyes:

H.P.

Is that a different color than was used on the Dauget Division vehicles during the 1991 Gulf War?

For the Gulf War, French AFV’s were painted in Sable Desert IR and Brun Terre IR . AFAIK the Brun Terre de France is a different color…

H.P.

I found this pic after i googled the color name
Leclerc Brun TDF

Here’s another example

But I believe these schemes haven’t been applied in units yet…

H.P.

Brun terre de France is being painted over each and every ground vehicle. It may take a little time before the whole fleet is painted.
The splinter camo is not used yet even though it is official.

Olivier

2 Likes

I was hoping you would reply Olivier :wink:

H.P.

Let’s cross our fingers for a more modern kit of this neat looking tank

Whats wrong with the Tamiya LeClerc?

Nothing, but I think a more modern version of the kit would be welcome.

Olivier
before I repaint my Heller VBCI i want to freshen it ups and improve it any recomendations ?

Nick
It all depends on how much effort you intend to put in the process.

Could you post a couple of pictures of your model?

Olivier

Didn’t Tiger do a current at the time iteration of the Le Clerc? How about the 140mm demonstrator? Now we’re talking! There is the Le Clerc XLR version, too.

And the AMX30 proposed upgrade,

I’ve recently read on another forum or FB that Tiger would be out of business. So I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for another Leclerc model.

Olivier

That looks one hell of a lot like the MEXAS stuff on the Leopard C2. That or the C2 I just built is making me go crazy lol.

there it is i built it out of the box ready for your suggestions Olivier

Nick
first you need to remove the ugly bags for the camo nets. You can detail a bit more the rear view mirror supports at the front hull corners. The fluted gun barrel could be replaced. The large grille just in front the turret is wrong. You can easily fix it with styrene strip. Have a look at my thread where I certainly have posted pictures of it.

Considering AM stuff, I recommend the bags for camo nets by KMT, the Galix set by KMT, the “luggage carrier” (porte-bagages) above the rear ramp (KMT for sure and maybe Blast Models). You could also source the supports for the straps and the rolled bags on the sides by KMT.
You may also replace the wheels by resin ones. Several manufacturers have a set of them.

Olivier