New Year Weekend Mustangs | AeroScale

Editor

posted on 2 seconds ago

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://aeroscale.net/news/new-year-weekend-mustangs

What is a space set??

What is a space set??

Hi Joe. SPACE sets are a new 3D decal system from Eduard that will cover details such as instrument panels, side consoles, seat cushions. The first release was for the Eduard 1/72 scale Z-37 and the seconds in the same scale is for the Mig-21MF. We will see a lot more of these new decals sets from Eduard in the new year
tim

they look neat. what is different about these from IP decals you get in any kit? are they textured?

Its a recent development from some companies like: Quinta Studio, Kits-World to name two. They offer the ease of using a decal, but provide the detail that you associate with pre-painted photo etched parts. I don’t think there is any texture, but there is raised detail. Some of the ones I have seen even have glossy finishes over the instrument representing the glass. Never used them before so I don’t know how easy they are too apply. …
tim

that is cool. probably work just like regular decals. setting solutions will work i think.

joe