NEWS: 1/35 Trumpeter NASAMS Launcher

Trumpeter has announced the future release of the “Norwegian Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS)” (#01096) in 1/35th scale.

The system is similar to the Israeli Iron Dome system and is similarly mounted on a flatrack and loaded onto a truck for transport. It defends against unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), helicopters, cruise missiles, unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAVs), and fixed wing aircraft, firing any of a wide range of existing missiles.

6 Likes

This is a unique and welcome addition although I don’t know if I prefer NASAMS on a truck (which I believe I do) instead of a fixed emplacement launcher. Nonetheless, without the truck, NASAMS as a fixed launcher can represent any nation that uses it.

1 Like

3 Likes

Not sure if this was mentioned before…

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=3967&l=en

8 Likes

3 Likes

Interesting. They seem to be continuing with their string of ADA system kits.

The Norwegian Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS) was developed by Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace (KDA) in cooperation with Hughes Missile Systems and Hughes Aircraft Ground Systems Group. They have been heavily supplied to Ukraine and used by the US Army for Air Defense of the National Capital Region (NCR, Washington DC area). Many European countries use them as well.

3 Likes

What’s it usually transported on ?

1 Like

An 8x8 LHS (Load Handling System) truck is its prime mover; type depends on the country of use. The launcher sled has a hook that flips up to attach and load it. It doesn’t look like the Trumpeter kit will have the hook part though.

Apparently it can be loaded onto a 6x6 LHS as well.

All US systems I can find are hard-mounted around the NCR. I assume they were emplaced with an M1120A4 HEMTT LHS just like the US Iron Dome ADA System is transported/emplaced.

Or they were just offloaded from a flatbed using a forklift since the launcher base has slots for a forklift (red circle below).

As does the Trumpeter kit.

9 Likes

Whatever LHS truck the customer wants. There are several more than Gino shows.

3 Likes

This kit just arrived at Sprue Brothers. Apparently, it has been available from Asian suppliers for a while. It looks pretty nice.

1 Like

Not until you did. :rofl:
Nice find.

2 Likes