NEWS: Dream Model 1/72 UH-1Y

Dream Model is planning to release a model of the Bell UH-1Y Venom in 1:72 scale.

1 Like

Dream Models shows a test build of their upcoming 1/72 UH-1Y Venom.

Would be awesome in 1/35th!

@brof4625 kitty hawk do one in 1/48 if that helps

You could use the Academy Zulu and Dragon/Panda N to make one. Not saying it’s easy but should be possible.

I have considered the same. It is on the “To Do” list…sometime in the future. Maybe a 1/35 Y will come out before then. Hopefully Academy will surprise us with one.

2 Likes

yeah i hope they do, they did produce that 1/35 AH-1Z Viper, so i like to think they will follow that up one day (soon)

Received this kit last week.
Great looking kit.
You receive a AH-1Z spure with the blades and the body.

Oh damn! I was hoping no one release any kit of interest in my scale…that made me sad. This and Revell’s news of re-releasing 1/144 chinook stabbed me in the heart.

Wish they had shown some interior shots.

No interior shots, but I did find these on another site. It looks like a lot of the interior is very detailed PE. It should be pretty nice.

Decal options look good too.

Scalemates has the instruction sheet on-line as well. It looks very nice.

Sweet! Thanks Gino!

Unfortunately, it appears the cabin side doors are molded in the closed position. That explains why we can’t find and completed pics of the built rear cabin area.

Maybe they can be cut off and doors from some other 1/72 UH-1D/H used on it for open cabin doors.