NEWS: ICM 2022 Catalog: New Helicopters Inbound

Wow; that’s me definitely out of the game then.

I have a Super Frelon in the stash and now realise I may not have thought my dabbling with rotary wings through!

If I may offer a suggestion:
Like many of us, I have limited horizontal surfaces to display finished models. For helicopters, and larger aircraft, (especially with the wave of 1/35th ones about to descend) I use picture hooks and fishing line to mount them on a wall. Looks cool, and the cat can’t get at them. Dust is still an issue though. :pensive:

Make a base plate for the helicopter.
Mount the helicopter on the base plate.
Make a plexiglass cover (4 sides + lid)
for the base plate to cover the helicopter.
Mount the plexiglass top on the baseplate.
Turn the base plate vertical and hang it on the wall.
Sort of a 3D-painting …

Edit:
Afterthought. Maybe make the vertical side, which will end up as the top side when hung on the wall,
angled so that furry pets will slide off if they try to use the cover box/lid as an elevated lookout point.
I have heard that cats like to monitor their domains from a high position.

2 Likes

Your initial idea is excellent. But your clever alteration is genius.

Our cat was a tree climber; too old now. Her new pass time is tormenting the dog, who, bless his heart, is trying really hard to make her like him.

3 Likes

Don’t underestimate cats… :wink:

H.P.

2 Likes

Having ideas is one thing,
implementing them to a
good result is another.

2 Likes

AH-1G 1.48: I thought this has already been released.

Yes, it has, but not when the question was originally asked almost a year ago; Feb 2022.

Hope that the 1/48 scale model doesn’t take too long to follow up. Been waiting for this one for long.

Have a good one.

JFG.

i see there is a cobra and bronco double pack in 1/48 which looks interesting and is on my watchlist

They have also released it as a separate kit in Arctic markings.

I would like to see either one release the Marine markings kit in 1/48, I am sure it will happen soon.

ooooh, shame on me…

Truer words have never been spoken… written.

:scream: and :joy:

Lawton? You mean where instead of Lexus, Porsche or Mercedes the strippers have names like Kia and Pinto?

For helicopters, and larger aircraft, …I use picture hooks and fishing line to mount them on a wall.

I did some customer builds of helicopters way back in the day. I did both sides, splitting them right down the middle. Each had a split rotor parallel to the axis of the aircraft, and the rest were chopped off at angles also parallel to that axis, and both were mounted in one of those glass covered display box frames. Saves room and you get two versions of the same bird for the price of one.

3 Likes

Can’t comment on Lawton/ Ft Sill stripper names circa 1969; I was a 14yo that attended Eisenhower HS.

I can comment on a house down the street full of crazy WO aviators that I would occasionally hang around to wash their stable of sports cars, drink Hamms, smoke Marlboros and ogle the hot and cold running half dressed chicks,

What a time…

1 Like

Which reminded me of this joke:
"A Navy Chief and an Air Force General were getting shaved in a barbershop.

As the barbers were reaching for some after-shave to slap on their faces, the General shouts, “Hey, don’t put that crap on me! My wife will think I’ve been in a whorehouse!”
Whereupon the Chief turns to his barber and says, “Go ahead and put it on me, my wife doesn’t know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like.” "

3 Likes

At close to 25" that Tarhe going to take up a lot of real-estate!

Pretty stoked about seeing the renders for that CH-54A.

@Uncle-Heavy that reminds me of a joke:

3 priests are skinny dipping when a group of young ladies arrive at the pond they are swimming in. quick as a flash all 3 priests exit the pond naked, the first 2 are covering their groins, the last is covering his face.

when they get to the safety and cover of the nearby bushes, the first 2 priests ask the third priest, “why did you cover your face instead of your groin to hide your modesty”?

the last priest replies " i don’t know about you guys but my parishioners recognise me by my face and not my groin"

4 Likes