NEWS: MikroMir 1/48 Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw / Westland Whirlwind

MikroMir has posted images of the initial CAD designs for a 1:48 scale Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw and Westland Whirlwind. They look good and should be a nice addition.

3 Likes

Now that is a good news. I can finally get a chance to use those colorful decals by caracal.

Great news. This subject is also long overdue in 1/35th!

What scale was the old Revell kit ?

Also 1/48.

1 Like

This is great news!
Hopefully it will have a better cockpit than the old REVELL offering and some interior.
Cheers,

Looks great,

Hopefully someone will make one in 1/35 or 1/32. I like these old choppers.

Regards Jason

1 Like

If there is a Modelling God please let there be one (eventually) in 1:35 (Westland Scout would be good if you’re listening).

More CAD images from MikroMir. The CAD shows full interiors on them. They look pretty nice. Hopefully it means these are closer to seeing the light of day.

1 Like

First model I ever built was the Revell offering I got in a shop on Beale street in Downtown Memphis about 58. My poor mother still talks about helping me build that kit. Saw them in Marine markings at the Millington air shows. Great new addition. Flew a H-34 once (like flying a Winnebago) but never a 19.
Hugh Mills

Well, MikroMir are from Ukraine. Im not sure if we will ever see this one.

Appearing on MikroMir’s Facebook page are images of test shots for AMP’s upcoming Sikorsky S-55 [H-19] Chickasaw in 1:48 scale. It looks like it will be pretty nice.

With the straight tail it appears to be just USAF H-19Bs and US Army H-19Cs.

The earlier bent tail gets you the USAF H-19As, US Army H-19Cs, and all US Navy, Marine, and Coast Guard HO4S/HRS/H-19 helicopters.