NEWS: MiniArt Panel Trucks

MiniArt announced another couple of trucks in their 1.5-ton WWII range. This time it is the G7105 Panel Delivery truck and the K51 Radio truck. Both look very nice, and the radio truck comes with a full interior and the K52 Ben Hur generator trailer.

18 Likes

WOW ~ Finally, after all these years!

Now that I am close to death (relatively speaking) you finally bring out the panel truck, radio van and the Ben Hur trailer.

So how about a radio shack to go in the back of the CCKW along with a trailer and Genset???

Also at least with MiniArt if they are going to offer variants of the Chevy 4x4 truck they seem to have gotten it RIGHT! As it does not appear that they F—ed up the cab proportions like HobbyBoss did with their hard cab CCKW and then HB just keeps churning out the variants while repeating the same mistakes without ever correcting the tooling. (In my world somebody would loose their job over that one plus the middle and upper managers who keep letting it happen.)

Apologies ~ just a few thoughts on the subject!

2 Likes

Yes indeed.
God bless them.

That I totally agree with!

Edited.

Hold that thought - I’m in the middle of a CCKW radio truck build using the Azimut set! I had to scratch a Ben Hur trailer for it, and the gods of plastic have now done their usual…

6 Likes

We thank you for your sacrifice.

6 Likes

Nice. Were you going to heat form the fenders ?

Nope - prototype had none because the DUKW wheels are too big.

2 Likes

I scratch built a Ben Hur years ago with the regular tires but it was off in so many ways. As I recall I used the fenders and wheels from a Italeri single axle water trailer.

The kit bashed Chevy 4x4 is a combo of the Tamiya Deuce and the hard cab from the Italeri Water Truck - also built many years ago.

1 Like

Sorry about all the “negative waves yesterday.”
I have now spent some readjustment time with Oddball.

Yes, Radio truck :drooling_face:

Time was, the only thing we had was the Max/Italeri water trailer, so we made do. But it is a tad small (I measured, as using that frame would’ve saved me some work!) and the detail is poor. I can’t wait to get my mitts on these MiniArt trailers!

5 Likes

Another holy cow! This is remarkable; just like the stand-alone release of the Ben Hur trailers, I’m so excited about these. I also thank you, Tom and Mike, for your sacrifices to the modeling Gods, as well as the fellow in the “Allied Trucks” thread that showed us his scratchbuilt Panel Van radio unit.
On account of chemical allergies I can’t do full-on resin kits anymore, so I’m just thrilled to see MiniArt going for it with these in IM plastic. I see multiples of these in the stash as with the CCKW. Such iconic vehicles. So glad to see Allied trucks getting their due after so long.

Jimbo

2 Likes

Now if Zvezda would follow their outstanding WC-51 with an ambulance…

1 Like

Hear hear!!! Indeed and as well, I have an italeri boxing of the WC-54 but have shied away every time I open the box. Tim Streeters’ treatise notwithstanding, I tend to gravitate towards the low-hanging, more recent and detailed fruit. I don’t know why, I actually like the old Italeri stuff (the original Peerless Max kits were a bit before my armor modeling time).

Jimbo

2 Likes

I presume that You know that the Italeri WC-54 is the same molds as Peerless/Max
but for those you might not know the full “family tree” can be found by following the link below:

3 Likes

I seem to remember the WC-54 appearing in a Life-Like boxing as well…same molds, different cardboard. I have an Italeri WC-54 and a Skybow WC-52 downstairs to kitbash, they’ve been waiting patiently for about 20 years, but every time I look at it I just don’t want to do all that messy surgery, and there’s a Meng, Tamiya, Takom, or RFM box right next to it, so…
Sorry guys but I’m not going to appease the Modeling Gods by slog - building my corrected WC-54. I’m waiting for Zvezda to do it. It shouldn’t be long now.

2 Likes

Yes indeed Robin, I should have written that a little better, thanks for the link though about the etymology of these kits. What a remarkable lifespan some of them have! And weren’t the Skybow Dodge kits the parents of the AFV Club Dodge trucks?

Jimbo

1 Like