NEWS: RFM announces Leo 2A7 & M1A2 SEP v3 w/Trophy!

I believe it is supposed to be in the stowed position for transit. The CROWS folds to the side and lays on two rubber pads. This reduces the height for transport by truck or in a C-17.

1 Like

:smile: And I predict VOIIO will be more accurate, but simpler.

This one will run and run…

1 Like

LOL! Each to his own.
However, one thing for sure, more the merrier!!!

1 Like

Ok, a bit of context to my yawn comment, the Leo 2A7 is visually very similar to the 2A6, and previous Leopards. At least with the Abrams, adding the Trophy makes a, to me, more interesting subject that has a discernable difference, along with different weapon stations, armour packages, you get the idea.

2 Likes

Hopefully a Hungarian A7HU can be done- https://defence-blog.com/hungary-receives-first-leopard-2a7hu-tanks/

1 Like

I have Voiio’s M1A2 SEP V.2 it looks pretty good even though some things are a bit simplified id say its compariable to RFM SEP V2 i bought both

2 Likes

I would not agree with your Leo 2 comparison … the 2A7 has a complete different “Rear End” turret and hull arrangements. The front upper deck is now also up-armoured like the Canadians ones. All over the A7 looks more massive than the 2A6 … but then you’ve got the 2A6M … 2A6M+ … and god knows what else by now.
Trophy on the other hand doesn’t catch my attention … don’t like the looks of it. But the other V3 stuff is quite tempting.
Change of subject … got my Tiger Modells Leclerc XXI … that is also a very nice kit.

2 Likes

Tell us about that Tiger kit!

1 Like

The Rye Field M1A2 SEP v3 is already showing up on eBay. I think they are pre-orders, but it should be available soon.

[url=]1/35 M1A2 SEP v3 for sale | eBay

1 Like

yeah. Eyeballing one from one of the Chinese retailers. I am concerned about it being a pre-order and not something they already have in stock. I’m waiting form BNA Model World (“A-Modeler” on eBay) to start selling them before i pull the trigger on it, for now, the SEP V2 is really tempting.

1 Like

Agreed. They all seem to have mid January delivery estimates.

1 Like

Welp? Just pulled the trigger on the SEP v2 from Ryefield. It’ll be fun to build that one, despite me having the Dragon version. Maybe I’ll do a side-by-side build comparison… Maybe.

2 Likes

I have Voiio M1A2 SEP V.2 and I wonder how thier SEP V.3 will compare to RFM SEP V.3?

2 Likes

Yes, there were no V3’s on the market so last month I ordered a Ryefield V2…coulda shoulda waited a month…

1 Like

Yeah! Patience is a virtue, just one that i seldom practice. Especially when it comes to scale models. :rofl:

Besides; i wanted to build an Abrams and paint it in NATO colors as opposed to CARC Tan. I am also starting to secure the parts trees from Ryefield 5007, because i want a SEP v2 with a fully detailed engine compartment.

2 Likes

I’m looking at that camo Abrams above there and already thinking about how much fun it would be to freehand that camo with a fine needle detail optimised airbrush…

I have the V2 upstairs in the stash and will be buying the V3, yet another RFM to add to the list.

Last non-RFM kit I bought was a Dragon Panther G and a Meng Namer back in July. Crazy.

2 Likes

If i finally get my hands on the SEP v3; it’ll definitely be painted in the 2-tone brown/green color that they’re coming out of the factory with.

3 Likes

I have to say, that is a stunningly good looking main battle tank. What a beauty.

1 Like

Hobbyeasy have the M1 in stock first week of December (or there abouts), for the paltry sum of $38US. Gets yours then!

1 Like

TA DA! Boxart for Christmas,

1 Like