NEWS: RFM announces Leo 2A7 & M1A2 SEP v3 w/Trophy!

The Leopard is a bit of a yawn, but the Abrams with Trophy is tempting. Wasn’t someone asking about that recently?

11 Likes

Nice. The M1A2 SEP v3 looks really good. Can’t wait until it comes out.

2 Likes

No new release from Rye Field is ever a yawn!

5 Likes

So the colored parts on the M1A2 SEP v3…what are we looking at?

I can understand the Trophy APS in grass green on the sides of the turret and the blue low-profile CROWS II for the tank commander, but how about the bright green and pink parts? Thanks.

1 Like

The red/pink parts look like either IED jammers/ECM parts or instrumentation for gunfire simulators/MILES gear.

2 Likes

The red/pink parts look like either IED jammers/ECM parts or instrumentation for gunfire simulators/MILES gear.

Thanks, Gino.

1 Like

Similar to this,
images (81)

2 Likes

Good news.

I haven’t see a picture of a SEP v3 with Trophy - I thought it’s currently fitted to SEP V2s? But I guess it makes sense.

The Leo is tempting too.

1 Like

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama

3 Likes

I haven’t seen pics of M1’s with TROPHY without the funky front armor, but pics are rare, and I can’t find a single pic of a V3 with it

1 Like

PIcs of the SEPv3 with the Trophy APS are rare; this is a SEPv2 with the Trophy APS, so you’ll have to do a little mental Jiu-Jitsu to figure how the resl thing looks like…

M1A2 SEPv2 with Trophy APS.

M1A2 SEPv3 without the APS.

Time to call your inner Naruto and pull out the Jutsu…

Naruto Jutsu GIFs | Tenor

:rofl:

3 Likes

The 2A7 looks tempting … a comparison with MENGs offer will be interesting

4 Likes

I wonder how it will compare with the A2 SEP V.3 from VOIIO

1 Like

I’d be down for the RFM.

2 Likes

There really should be a version of the Abrams with a rail gun, CWIS, and Calliope rocket launcher.

Both of these models will go on my Want List.

2 Likes

As others have said, shut up and take my money. Absoluetely down for both, big time.

I am of the opinion that the Meng Leo2 is the best representation of the type in styrene and it certainly is a beautiful kit. I’m a big Meng fanboi anyway and that kit is them on their A Game. Looking at the pics above I have a feeling this RFM kit might well run it very close. I’m actually doing their Canadian Leo 2A6 at the moment and it is sumptuous. I’ve only done the running gear and lower hull and its already Meng sort of good.

Its funny, I don’t usually get excited about new releases and have toned down my buying from a frenetic peak during lockdown to maybe one every two months now - my stash is almost unmanageably large. But the last four RFM kits released I have immediately decided to buy. Whatever they are doing, it is working for me.

As I mature as a modeler (Ive only been doing it three years) I’ve learned less is definitely more. That is to say I’d rather drop EUR70 on a really superb Meng or RFM 100 hour project than the same amount on two or three cheaper kits that will keep me interested for 20 hours tops, that simply aren’t as much fun. Don’t get me wrong, stash has its fair share of Italeri, old Tamiya classics, cheapo retro Trumpys, older Academy and so on but as an experience they just aren’t as much fun as one of the really immersive Mengs and RFMs, Tiger Models kits.

I get a buzz out of the engineering of the kits, the molding, how crisp and fine everything is.

I note Tiger Models, Meng and RFM use the same styrene and are very similarly finely molded - are they made in the same factory?

5 Likes

At leasst the RFM leopard 2A7 has less photoetch than the Meng A7
I wonder what mods id have to do to it to make it the version Denmark uses

1 Like

I agree; the value of money for time spent is really high with Meng and RFM these days, a lot like Tamiya for me.

2 Likes

That bottom right pic of the M1 shows the CROWS mounted to the turret in between the sight housing and CITV. Is that a valid operational mount? I’ve never seen that before either and assumed that bracket was for folded storage of the CROWS or something like that

1 Like

YES!!! I am buying BOTH!!! Leopard 2A7 yawn?! No way. More like yelling in happiness! RFM SEP v.3 with all those extras? Yes, I’m buying multiple!! I predict it’s going to be better than VOIIO.
Who knows, maybe Academy will jump into the SEP v.3 competition.

1 Like