NEWS: Takom 1/35 Mi-28 Havoc

I was wondering how Takom might respond to the news that Meng are also doing a 1/35 Apache. And then I saw this on Facebook.

An interesting time for Helicopter fans, that’s for sure!

3 Likes

Great news. Another awesome helicopter coming.

Where is the new tooled Huey UH-1D? I think a mold that is around 30 years old is due a new modern kit.

2 Likes

Great news - the diorama potential from Ukraine is massive. Could make some really stunning dioramas.

Ugh…my wallet is cringing.

2 Likes

very happy to see this kit, the Mi 28, announced, looking forward to it already.

Confirmation of the type and kit number.

1 Like

Also of note, the Takom Apaches are numbered 2601 and 2602. This one is 2610. What are the numbers in between? Hopefully more 1/35 helos in the works from Takom as well.

Quite a while ago now there was a decent series of Helicopter sim video games from a company called ‘Razorworks’- Apache-Havoc obviously featuring those two and a few years later the same company released Commanche-Hokum- perhaps there’s a fan of these at Takom :grin:!

Sure it never made it to actual production but the sleek, stealthy lines of the Commanche would be beautiful in 1/35- that’d be on my wish list! But perhaps they will keep with machines that went into production- the aforementioned Ka-52 and the Ka-50 would be interesting Russian pieces with their double blade design. Perhaps the Lakota for the US but if they keep with attack helicopters then maybe a Cobra or Huey gunship.

maybe we’ll get that 35th scale H34!!!
gary

Always loved Dragon’s box art. This would be a great dio. an air duel between the AH-64D and the Mi-28N, but in 1/35.

1 Like

I was just thinking the same sort of thing; it may be a lttle way off, but if these take off (no pun intended) and 1:35 helicopters catch modellers’ imagination, then we might, might just be in for a few treats - H34 (Wessex?)as you mention, Scout, Sioux, Lynx?

Mind you, these might be dependent on some decent Cold War figures in 1:35 but that’s another argument(!)

1 Like