NEWS: Upcoming Trumpeter 1/35 Armor Kits

The new Trumpeter '23/'24 catalog has some very interesting 1/35 armor items announced. They are showing a JLTV-UTL (pickup version), M55 Howitzer, DUKW w/amphibious trailer, and a Chinese 63-2 APC.

I am really looking forward to the M55 and hopefully the 155mm M53 in the future.

10 Likes

I have been waiting for this M55 for so long! Finally!!

Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

M55? Oh. My. (Modelling) God. Now that will look something on the display tables that’s for sure. Wow.

1 Like

Oh, say it ain’t so! A 1/35 M55 SP 8 inch howitzer!

I’m with the others; that M55 is HOT!

Damon.

1 Like

Now I don’t feel so bad about hosing off my Renwall kit on the rapacious auction platform about 10 years ago for stupid money, although that’s long ago been spent…

1 Like

Duck. About time for a new one.
:duck:

3 Likes

Now, I know I’m getting ahead of myself here, but already I see it in Bundeswehr colours/markings, probably trundling along a road somewhere; the alternative of depicting it in a firing position would defeat me - all that Gunner stuff, ammo, fuses, etc - unless one is a Gunner it all gets a bit confusing, let alone the dearth of figures. Mind you, I suppose one could always tap into the wealth of knowledge and helpfulness on this very site.

But hey! Well done Trumpeter; hopefully we’ll get to see it sometime this year.

From my own selfish perspective, 2023 seems to be starting comparatively well: Airfix Ferret, AK SWB Land Rover, and now this. Rejoice!

3 Likes

And I say don’t hold your breath. The same catalog is showing the 1/32 Devastator that they have been promising for about 20 years now.

Could you please link to catalog.

Poking the bear? :rofl: :rofl:

Well, I definitely want that JLTV Utility as I love the modern stuff - but I’ve loved the M55 since I saw one in the AAF Tank Museum in Danville Virginia. It’s just a cool looking vehicle.

1 Like

We definitely need a new correct DUKW. Now the M55 is great, but the question is how much? Trumpeter as of late has been releasing kits for silly money, regularly breaking the $100 ceiling for regular MBT kits. Bad practice!

7 Likes

But is this price due to the importer? Meng kits (and others) at local shops go for silly money here in MN.
I compare their prices to Chinese sellers on eBay and there is a huge difference.

1 Euro is 1 dollar 7 cent (when I write this) so the list prices would be
USD 59.69 and USD 75.92 respectively
The high price for the T-72B1 with cope cage is probably due to the cage and the mine plows (extra parts). Most of the other Trumpeter T-72 (and family) are around 55 Euro or lower

1 Like

Uhrah! An M55 in 35th! My long wait is almost over.

2 Likes

Where’s 'dim 1/35 FAMO’s?? :sob:

1 Like

Here’s the New Hampshire vendor, who usually beats the other US vendors. Still pricey.

Finally, a M 55, that has been on my want list for years! Can’t wait for it!

Lucky us here in Europe
:grin: :wink:

1 Like