No retreat, No surrender! Normandy 1944

A sharp new pointed blade heated somewhat will help

Thanks guys, I will go for a try, but that will be on Sunday. Tonight I just tried to find location for the figures, something like these pictures show is the setup right now.
I have moved the red/golden chair into a more central place. Also there is a new group of mostly Dragon paratroopers, they are definitely of more quality than the Caesar figures I had in the first setup.
Cheers

6 Likes

Nice additions with the new troops. All the placements look good and add to the feel of a real scene. This is going to look very good :+1:

2 Likes

Guys, I assume some of you already have noticed a mistake I have done? Maybe I have done more than one, but this one is a major one.

When applying the clay, the ground level got a little bit higher on the clay area. That’s not a good choice because of the fact that the tank is quite heavy, right! It should be the other way of course. Sorry for that.

I just cut out the part and will rebuild it. Hope to get a little time tomorrow. Now we all can have a good sleep after this mistake has been notified.
Cheers

7 Likes

Eric, that’s like saying open heart surgery is just putting a plaster over it…that is some major cutting… Which not many people would of done… Well done for taking that big decision. Your attention to the smallest detail is tremendous.
A very dedicated craftsman :+1::+1:

1 Like

Your “little” mistake went by un-noticed by all of us, otherwise some one would have mentioned it earlier.
A bold and courageous move by the true artist

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
Ha ha that leftover could be used for something else, just kidding :rofl:

5 Likes

Lol… The master of repurposing !!! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah! Title “tracks of death” lol

Okey, I could not wait to do the new groundwork base.

Now I can have a good sleep and let it dry over night. Over and out.

6 Likes

After the morning coffee I did some improvement on the track marks. I pushed deeper holes after the tracks. In this type of loose soil I thought this way looks better.

Another improvement I want to do is the windows.
From the start I was happy just to have the real glass look with black background. Even that is better than a building that I could buy and just paint. At the start that was good enough.
Now I want to build the best 1/72 diorama I ever built, and then I have to take it to another step, not just another diorama.

Therefore I tested to take out one window and cut out the material behind it. I placed a piece of paper in the back to act as a curtain. I think this move is a step up for the hole scene. Hope you like my “improvement mission” in this work.
If there anything you see that is a questionable detail, just tell me.
Cheers

8 Likes

Groundwork looks very good Erik and the curtain behind the window is also very well done. Doing it that way, it also gives you what looks like in the pictures a bit of a reflection as well. Nice improvements :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Very good as usual and extremely detailed for the 1:72 scale Keep on / Micke

1 Like

If anyone thought I was out of the game just because I haven’t posted something for a few days, that’s wrong :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I am working with the PE, that’s just to small and to uninteresting to write about……
Cheers

5 Likes

Wow, that is certainly comes under the heading of dedication. All these small fiddly parts, and all the more so because it’s in 1/72 scale, wow​:+1::100::+1:
(I’m also doing models in this scale, but no where as good as you :pensive:)

1 Like

Coming together well Erik. The fiddly tiny mudguard hinges and supports look good on it and it looks like you managed to cut out the radio Op / hull MG gunners hatch nicely as well. Nice work :+1:

1 Like

Ahhhh PE.
Better you than me my friend. I hate airbrushes and PE,
J

1 Like

Don’t use airbrushes, only the hairy stick.
PE is a necessary evil, and thankfully most 1:72 scale armour models don’t have it or very little.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I will only use about a 1/3 of all the PE parts in the kit. It’s to much and difficult work for me to remove all the molded details on the tank.
Please note that I will have a hold on modeling for a week because of two business trips. This includes a nice trip to Milan Italy for the EICMA motorcycle fair next week.
Take care boys! /Erik

1 Like