Now for something a little more Semple

Yep. definitely stretched.

This is the miniart kit parts scaled and superimposed. The Drive wheel and idler are spot on for size, and the return rollers are in exactly the right place. Interestingly the entire suspension pivots around the rear sprocket, with an huge transverse leaf-spring across the middle of the chassis holding it all up just in front of the front return roller.

Also this Miniart dozer is super dumb. A tour de force in over-engineering and bits for bits sake. I love it. And hate it. SO not building these tracks…

2 Likes

Another option that looks the part.

Miniart has become one of my favorite model companies. Six or seven of their vehicles now reside in my closet.

This morning, while reading Hunnicutt’s Armored Car, it occurred to me that the Bob Semple tank looks a lot like very early United States armored car designs. That makes sense because they were doing the exact same thing–trying to build an armored vehicle without any previous know how. A quick search for improvised armored vehicles from around the world showed that many people, under duress, have tried the same things and made the same mistakes.

Your work makes me want to design a tank in Blender and print it. :slight_smile: (Like I do not have enough projects going.)

1 Like

Semply the Best! :grin:

1 Like