Nut,bolts,washers and in scale coiled radio wire

I’ve gotten away from aftermarket nuts,bolts and washers,reason being no matter what blade I use it always comes out at an angle which is a real pita to sand level.so I turned to evergreen styrene stock.they have,I think,4 sizes of hexagonal rod and plenty of sizes of round rod.I slice what I need with my Chopper,can find at e-bay or micro mark.round rod I use as washers and sometimes rivets,for rivets cut the length you need glue in place and carefully with a cigarette or punk,I’ve even used incense sticks,just get the heat close to rod piece and it will round over a very believable rivet head.as for radio coiled wire trial and error stretching sprue then wrap it around a sew needle hold it between your fingers a few minutes or also under hot running water for it to take a coil shape

6 Likes

Plastruct has even more sizes available of round and hex rod.

I didn’t think plastruct was useable with normal styrene cement

Available in white styrene just like Evergreen, I can snap a picture of some for you.

Would be great I just never knew,thank you

I get some pics over the weekend.

I have shied away from Plastrut for the same reason, needing to switch to a stronger solvent to get it to bond. This can be a real PITA when mixing their product with the model plastic and/or with the Evergreen.

Good to see them offering now the shapes in white plastic but they lost me as a customer long ago!

FYI ~ Lots of discussion on handling and shaping Evergreen going on over in the “Scratch Built & Conversions” Armor thread.

I can find no information on evergreen hex stock, only plastruct. Do you have a stock number for them ?

I use Hex punches from RP Tools. Easy to make bunch of nuts from evergreen sheet. You can make many different sized hex nuts from the punch both in diameter and thickness.

2 Likes