Old Timer Getting Back In The Game

I’ve been a plastic builder since I was a kid in the Sixties, back in the days of tube glue.

Back in the Eighties, I used to hang out at a shop called Harper’s Hobbies in San Bernardino, where the masters would teach you all the tricks of the trade. Then I worked at a hobby shop in Riverside, CA, called Tomcat Hobbies.

I build primarily aircraft and armor. My present projects are a Takom USMC M60A1 ERA, and a Zoukei Mura 1/48 USMC F-4J with a boatload of aftermarket pieces. Also, on the block is an Academy F-4B in 1/48 in USMC livery.

4 Likes

Welcome back to the hobby and to the forum :slight_smile:

That sounds like an outstanding hobby shop community you had there back in the 80’s!

Welcome on board. seems you know how to select interesting projects, not surprising with your background.

1 Like

Welcome back, liking the theme.

I remember that shop, miss the place. I also remember Busy Bee.

Did you know ever visit Downtown Model Co., On La Cadena in Riverside, it was in a Storage Co.?

1 Like

Oh yeah! Forgot that one.

It’s the historian in me. Although it slows me down, I like to do a lot of research on my subjects. I was even that way as a kid. One of my first projects was a Monitor and Merrimac diorama in the eighth grade.Lindberg 717M-198 MoniMerrmgd