I talked with Luis Vargas of Vargas Scale Models this morning. He is currently working on the 3D model for an M777. This is the currently fielded US 155mm towed howitzer that is being supplied to Ukraine. This is Vargas’ first foray into modern subjects and was prompted by their use in Ukraine. The kit will be 3D printed resin in 1:35 scale. It can be posed in-action or in tow. He is thinking of including wire for the hydraulic and electrical cabling vs trying to print those. Vargas usually includes a good variety of gun implements. Combining this kit with AFV Club’s 155mm ammo should allow for a nice diorama.
We’ve waited a long time for an M777. It makes a great load for the soft skin guys, and is enough to give us old cannon cockers a woody…
It’s getting there. That middle baffle is a bit thick, but the main thing is that it should almost be directly in front of the curved portion at the rear. Would your friend benefit from my pretty thorough walk around?
I did not hear back from him either. Reason enough for me not to deal with him. Ever.
Folks pay pretty good money for my walkarounds. I offered them to him for free, and did not even ask for any consideration when his kit comes out.
So folks - you can pay for something that on the ONE part shown already already exhibits poor proportions, or you can wait until one of the major players finally takes up H-H’s or my offer to get a proper kit. It shouldn’t be long. I haven’t been pimping it out as much as I could have because well, I do other things.
I received mine. Tons of fine detail. I’m struggling with the fitment at the moment. It’s a first run so could be challenges to overcome.
Let me know if there’s anything you’re interested in seeing. I’ll take photos of what you’re interested in viewing.
The cables and hoses are lead fly tying wire. It is my go-to for this type of work - easy to bend and cut and stays where it is put. I used .020 and .015 diameter. I routed them using walkaround photos and the cable diagrams in the instructions. The airbrake lines and couplings are from the Aber PE Pneumatic joints, nipples and valves.
The decals are home made from walkaround photos. I created the decals in Word with a stencil font and printed them on my ink jet printer. Send me a PM and I’ll share my decal sheet such as it is.
I clipped the data plates from walkaround photos and printed them as decals. They did not turn out as well as I had hoped. If I had more time, I would have pulled the data plates from the TM, reversed the colors and used those for the data plate decals.
The antenna matching unit is resin from Djiti. I placed this is a bit of Evergreen tubing for a bracket. The antenna is Albion aluminum tubing and silver rod. The safety cap on the end is from dipping it in black medium CA multiple times.
This kit builds up into a great model with a bit of work.