On30 Yard Service Diorama | RailRoad Modeling

Stunning diorama especially since it only took three weeks to complete in time for a model show from modelling friend Andreas Grewin my narrow gauge on30 (1:48) Florida layout! Speed built in about 3 weeks in time for a show.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://railroadmodeling.net/news/on30-yard-service-diorama
3 Likes

Outstanding. Armor guys should take note about what rust really looks like.

1 Like

Incredible. Nothing wildly overstated and yet everything ‘pops,’ even from under the grime. Envious of this diorama and the skill of the modeler.

Eh, give them time. Their genre is still relatively young. Think of the state of military modeling in the 60s and 70s, and consider what Allen, Armstrong, McClelland, et. al, had been doing with weathering for years beforehand. I forget who it was but I recall in Military Modeling or such magazine back in the 70s that a modeler commented that he was learning realistic weathering from his model railroad club.

I’ve said it many times on this site - all of the great “new” weathering techniques are ones I’ve used since the early 70’s. All of them learned from Model Railroading and whatever other mags I could get my hands on.

1 Like