Operation Atlantic Resolve M1A2 SEP v2

So i will call this project complete!

I want to say a big thank you to Gino for all the help he gave me through out this project!Thank You Gino!!!

18 Likes

Looks good!
Ken

Great finish and build Ed. Some really nice extra detailing went into this. I will be revisiting this thread when I do RFM M1A2 SEP V2 :+1:

That is a really wonderful model. Even at high magnification it mostly holds up. The camouflage painting on the clothing is really intricate. All the little details add so much visual interest. It is the kind of model to aspire towards making.

Is the foliage really small plant parts or a synthetic product?

It came out looking great. Good job on it.

I picked the 1 i wanted then just picked apart each one to make it look like a pine tree branch.

2 Likes

look around where ever you live for a shop that specializes in fly fishing gear and things to tie flies with. You can buy ostrich feathers dirt cheap, and they come dyed in just about any color you can think of. There will be several hundred feathers on each piece for about $5. You can also buy lead wire and lead free wire in many diameters (usually .015" is the smallest [.35mm] and all the way out to about .06"). Have not bought any spools in a while, but the last ones I bought were $3.99 a piece. They also sell brass and copper wire. With the feathers again, you can also buy them in smaller packages that will usually have 25 in it. Once again in about any color range you can think of. Green alone will come in a half dozen shades of olive. Deer hair makes excellent grass, and once again in many colors. Model rail shops have a really big selection of paint colors, and most are commercial colors like you see everyday.
gary

1 Like

Thanks! It looks like $3US will get me 100 seeds, something to decorate the bathroom, and a lifetime supply of model greenery.

Thanks! I will look for those things.

A couple days ago, I was looking for ways to make trees and found some tutorials on making various plants using twisted copper wire and some other stuff. I ended up trying the same method using bundles of stretched sprue with mixed results.

After more experimentation, I discovered I can make plant like structures down to the limits of my vision using sprue but it is very time consuming.

Looks GREAT, i especially like the “add-on camo and choice of basket storage” Does the gunner have a M-240B as well?

Ooops missed the 240. Looks like it’s all set to “rumble” GREAT WORK!

No, but the loader does. The gunner is way down inside the turret, in front of and under the TC. He has the main gun as his weapon.

Nice work! :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: