Operation Epsom, also known as the First Battle of the Odon, | Armorama™

Jerry Rutman and his amazing story diorama each picture is a journey a place, a memory, and a realisation of what so many gave for us to be free. Operation Epsom, also known as the First Battle of the Odon, was a British offensive in the Second World War between 26 and 30 June 1944, during the Battle of Normandy.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/operation-epsom-also-known-as-the-first-battle-of-the-odon
9 Likes

Epic! :clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap:

—mike

Lovely…i’m waiting for the rest of the film…
eric

Absolutely outstanding work. That Bren carrier is gorgeous.

1 Like

That is the perfectly correct description of that thread and the builds it contains.

1 Like

Epic is right! What did he use for the tall grass?? And am I right to presume that is some photos the far away figures are 1/72?? Again - what a great piece of work!!

Masterful modelling from an artisan :+1:

Outstanding work Jerry, both the models and the description. I’ve been following your posts on the forum rapt!

Very , very cool JR !!!

And that is how to do a narrative diorama! Excellent all over J, for me the best detail of all is the windblown hair :trophy:

1 Like

Superb story telling. I’d definitely buy a book telling the history of the battle in this format.

I like the diorama(s). Is this one big one or a series?

The grass and terrain are just wonderful. And the figures are very well done.

It’s nice, everyone in a while, see something that isn’t dominated with a big olé tank…

Well done.

The depiction of the wounded in the carrier gave me a shiver again…
:cry:
Regards,

M

A joy to see as ever a cross of history and art.

Astonishing work, the results are nothing short of amazing. Never seen anything like it here.

1 Like