Operation "Epsom" details

Thanks buddy,
J

I agree. That’s why I thought he was worth investing time and work over.
J

Thank you kind sir. Very generous remarks and so eloquently written.
I can take no credit for the expression on his face or his overall pose,only the details needed to change a tanker to a rifleman.
But your comments made my day sir!
J

1 Like

A fantastic resculpting of the original figure. You do have amazing skills Jerry, and this little piece epitomizes it. I tend to agree that this figure stands for what the Tommy was in those dreadful years. The facial expression say it all. Top notch work indeed

The fellow in the back refilling his canteen also seems to bend in all the right places. Tricky thing, pouring from a five gallon into a small opening and your guy seems to show that perfectly.
I know you told us somewhere up above, I haven’t found it, but which putty do you use most on these guys?

Thank you sir for the kind words. I can’t take credit for the facial expression or overall pose though becuase it kinda was like that already. But thanks man,
J

Thanks for the generous comments mate. I use Apoxy Sculpt.
J

Awesome.

Must be something besides water in that canteen.

1 Like

Maybe,
J

2 Likes

Calvados…

Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Stunning work as always Jerry, the eyes you’ve painted on tat lady figure really fits his pose and mannerism. Again something as simple ( not the actual painting of ! ) eyes on a figure really makes him stand out more than usual.

Thank you sir for typing in those generous words ! You made my morning,
J

I spent the last 2 days working on these little bits that will be laying around my guys digging in.

16 Likes

Took some initial pics.

18 Likes

That is dedication right there my friend! They are looking very nice and just the thing to have around the figs doing duties where they can take the equipment off.
Did you scratch build the belts and straps first and then add the various kit items onto them?

Thanks mate. I made the belt then attached the pouches,etc and then added the shoulder straps last.
J

1 Like

Looking fantastic, the gear strewn near the half track with the men doing their things, a lull in fighting. Excellent :clap::clap::clap::clap:

absolute blimmin lovely work there :+1:t3:

Thank you kind sir. Glad you liked it,
J

Thanks matey!
J