Operation "Epsom" details

Jerry, I’ve got to ask: personal weapon(s)? Though I appreciate that carrying an extra 18lb or so of rifles wouldn’t help either participant .

In fact, one of the interations of the annual physical tests we used to have to do in the British Army (it was forever changing) was to carry someone else for 100m to simulate just such an evacuation; that included personal webbing and weapons.

Good point and I seriously mulled it over when building these guys. The wounded guy, as per my reference reading, was probably tucked into a hedge somewhere hoping a friendly would pass by. So I negated him having a bullet launcher right off.
The other guy was harder to justify but in the end I wanted to show the desperate events unfolding. Complete submersion of your Bn. with artillery and enemy troops being the overall motivation. Knocked to the ground several times by close in arty or evading MG bursts and finally “sod all” I just wanna run as fast as I can to a safer place.
I am always torn between the military training as aspect and the human aspect.
Anyway,hope that made sense!
J

No, fully understood Jerry, and I hope my comments don’t detract in what is a masterful rendition - not least in portraying the sheer effort in carrying someone else (it’s bloody hard work).

Just as an aside: when undertaking the test outlined earlier, being, ahem, somewhat of the lightweight persuasion (think scrawny, airportable-size) when so ordered (for the tests) to identify a partner, I always homed in on a big, powerful guy and the deal was he’d do the carry both ways (essentially a full 200m), so I’d get a pass and he never struggled. God, I was a devious bastard back whenever(!)

1 Like

Devious? I would say “good planner”. LoL
J

You nailed the sock being representative of an earlier, less complicated time of few elastics in in clothing.
No weapons, no helmets, no gear; clearly a case of “we need to get the FnL outta here!!”
You and guys like Shepard Paine are gonna be sitting at the same table, no BS.

1 Like

"zackty! My intent precisely.
Thanks for the support!
J

77 years ago today was day 2 of the Normandy Op. Troops are moving toward Caen to the south.
Never forget the sacrifice.

11 Likes

amen. I for one don’t think I ever will.
Cheers!
L

1 Like

I actually watched Storming Juno yesterday to commemorate D-day…

1 Like

Good man!
J

1 Like

I checked the “History Channel” on June 6 and there was not one freekin DDay show or movie in the programming. Guess what played during all of prime time? “How food built America”. So apparently we ate our way to freedom and prosperity.
That channel is a huge dismal joke, except for the show “Vikings”.
J

1 Like

You’d think that a channel with that name would pay attention to a day so important for the recent history? !

1 Like

A belly wound is something very critical. Very well pictured, Sir! Congratulations!
Gelson

1 Like

Yeah, you would think.
J

yes it is yes it is.
Not as life threatening as it used to be but still very bad.
J

Haven’t checked in on your progress in a while Jerry but outstanding as usual. Never seen anything like that !

Thanks buddy for the nice remarks,
J

Hi Jerry,

Another brilliant set, you can really feel the agony as the guy puts his hand to his face and grimaces, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

1 Like

Thanks for the kind comments buddy! Always nice to hear from you,
J

Another fig from the new Masterbox set. Re-posed torso and arms but aside from details OOB.
Nice lookin’ sculpting and good face for plastic.

4 Likes