Operation Neptune's Spear, 2011 | Armorama™

A fantastic figure vignette of the U.S. Navy Seals "Operation Neptune's Spear", 2011 Seal Team Six from modelling friend Andrés Fonseca Wilder Two helicopters piloted by Army aviators transported 23 SEALs, an interpreter, and a combat dog to carry out the raid. The mission was dubbed Operation Neptune Spear, a nod to the U.S. Navy SEAL insignia. Continued below

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/operation-neptune-s-spear-2011
1 Like

Wow! That’s an outstanding job on that figure. Not up on the latest gear so I don’t know what’s accurate- I’m assuming it all is -but beautiful job. The camo pattern and face and gear look fantastic.

This one looks fantastic! I recognize the figure but I forget the name of the company that went out of business.

The desert digital camouflage pattern has got to be one of the best paint jobs I’ve seen on a modern 1/16 SEAL figure. The extra accessories, coin, floorplan, wrist map, and decals really make this vignette stand out.

Awesome job all around! :smile:

Always loved this artwork. Not neccesarily of OP Neptune SPear, but it shows what most likely happened during the Bin Laden raid.

Assault Models?

Ace of Spades, or Spade Ace, it didn’t translate very well.

1 Like

I thought they were a track company.

Spade Ace is a track company, this was a figure from Spades Models… I did a review of the figure for Armorama.

https://archive.armorama.com/review/9859/

In the server move, the archived content lost the images. Oh well…

Mario

2 Likes

Spades Models…that’s the one!

I recall that Spades Models had a Kickstarter to fund a 1/16 sniper and the goal was not reached (honestly, the sniper didn’t look that good) so Spades Models decided to close shop…just like that…and was never heard from again. This SEAL figure is their only release and by far the best of their offerings.

Airborne Miniatures sells 1/16 SEAL figures. Legend Productions ceased making modern U.S. SOF figures due to a falling out with their overseas sculptor. There is a lot of hush-hush history behind the story of making modern SOF figures, unfortunately.