Oto Melara medelo 56/ Artilleros Malvinas-Dukel 01037/01038

Nice job. The gun, figures, ammo, and dunnage all look good.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the comments, I hope to be able to take some good photos soon, the weather is not good, but it is a debt that I have to close the model.
Regards, Omar

The end of the Oto Melara M 56, in Malvinas in 1982, with its servants, first experience with 3D resin kits, Brand of the kits, dukel hobbies, 1/35 scale.

Conclusions: Although it does not have the finishes of a resin model, it has its advantages that it is much easier to work with, in terms of assembly, on the contrary, some pieces show the injection layers that are quite difficult to remove. But in spite of that, I think that a very satisfactory result can be achieved, if one has patience and if one is not extremely detailed.

On the other hand, and from what I could see, it is the best model of this artillery piece, so if you like the piece, it is worth having it.

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

Lovely little vignette - really excellent work.

1 Like

Really looks great. Nice job on the base and figures. I might have to get that artillery piece; it looks very unique! Great job !

1 Like

Great work! This has come out really well. Ironically, wasn’t this gun also issued to the British Army in the 1960s? It is of Italian origin and the weird stance is because it can be rotated forward on its wheels to be used as an anti tank gun, with a low profile. It is raised so it can be used as a howitzer allowing the breech to recoil at high elevations. I seem to remember seeing one at Larkhill and Britains Ltd made a toy version that was actually quite a good model.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments, the idea of ​​sharing what we like is the main objective. The Oto Melara has its history, and as you mention, it has that functionality, here in Argentina, we still use it.
Kind regards, Omar

Excellent work! The really nice painted figures complement the gun very well and the small base, with all the details, looks great!
Cheers, Walter

1 Like

Thanks Walter, by your comment.
Regards, Omar