Oto Melara medelo 56/ Artilleros Malvinas-Dukel 01037/01038

Hi All, I start with a new proyect, its an Oto Melara Modelo 56 and its crew, two kits of Dukel numbers 01037 and 01038.
Show the kits:

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

Those look really nice. I haven’t seen nor heard of them before. 3D printing is coming a long way.

1 Like

This looks really interesting; most NATO nations (Central region) I think at one time used this - certainly the Brits did. I have a couple of Mouse House ones in my stash with (as usual) all sorts of plans. Anyhow, I’ll be looking forward to following this one.

1 Like

If it is true, it is a relatively new firm, here in Argentina, in my case it is the first time that I face a 3D kit, we will see what I can achieve…

From what I see the kit, it looks cool, its assembly seems simple, in the step by step I will comment if it has complications or not. I was always interested in this piece of artillery, because of its role in the 1982 conflict.

Do they have a homepage? What is the price for the kit in Argentinia?

They have a homepage. Their big release that was talked about a lot last year was the release of the TAM VCTP. It looks like it is sold out, and the Oto Melara is not even shown on their page, only the figure set, which also shows discontinued, but it still looks like it is for sale.

https://dukelhobbies.com.ar/

Thanks. I would be interested in the OTO Melara gun since it was used by Bundeswehr Gebirgsjäger, but with a different muzzlebrake. I hope the currency is not USD! $5000 is quite much for the figures.

Ecuador uses these as well, 24 reported on Wikipedia. I’ve never seen one of these in person or in photos. but I’ll look again. For that simple fact I’m thinking of picking one up…

Damon.

My apologies for not responding, the kit can be requested upon request, on the page you mention, today the exchange rate is 117.2 Argentine $ per dollar.
What if I do not know what its current cost is.
The cost should be of the order of 50 dollars.

Well I show you the progress in the Oto Melara
I comment some situations that I had when I made the kit:
The instruction manual is not clear, there are pieces that must be studied to see where they are placed.
It presents two ways to mount the armored protection, one is printed with the supports and the other variant, it can be assembled piece by piece with each of its supports, that does not clarify it as a mounting option, at least it is not clear in the instructions . There are resin marks on some pieces, they are quite visible, the marks of the printing layers are noticeable on some pieces that are visible.
You have to sand as much as you can, being careful not to break anything.
The positions of the wheels, depending on the configuration, do not have any mark that tells you what the correct position is.
I do not recommend the kit for a novice.

The model:

Regards

3 Likes

The base advances…

Regards, Omar

1 Like

I started with the colors…
The advances:

Cheers, Omar

1 Like

Looking very nice, very nice.

1 Like

Thanks Brian.
I took more pictures of the model:

Cheers, Omar

2 Likes

One step more…

Regards

3 Likes

The Oto Melara 56, in its base, the pics:

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

Very nice work - excellent finish.

1 Like

Thanks Brian👍
The final steps, before taking some worthy photos… are the progress of the diorama in Mavinas/Falklands…

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

Very nice. The figures look great. The whole piece came out really nice.

1 Like