Oz Armour museum new runner project - Pz.1

Well the Australian Armour and Artillery Museum has started a new project - building a Panzer 1b into a runner, they are missing a few parts so lets follow along as the team rebuild this little tank and watch as they tackle the fabrication of those missing parts.

Part1

6 Likes

I am still just blown away by what they’ve managed to do so far with their StuG III resto. Simply astounding to watch them turn a pile of quite literal scrap into something…

They’ve pretty much started the same way with their Pz I resto. I’m hoping that future episodes will revisit their initial work on the lower and upper hulls.

In the mean time… I’m waiting for that next StuG III episode!

2 Likes

I was able to visit the museum yesterday morning on our Australia / New Zealand adventure. The museum is simply amazing especially their German WW2 collection.

4 Likes

Rick I envy you, I so want to make the plans to visit Oz and this museum but would want to tie it in with a visit to Oz V8 Supercars race at Bathurst. Maybe if I don’t buy any kits next year I’ll be able to afford the trip.

3 Likes

It’s a pity we don’t still sentence criminals to transportation down there, then you could just steal a few kits and get free travel (in one direction, at least)…
:ship:
Cheers,

M

3 Likes

Enjoy your trip Rick. The museum must be awesome. We have a Panzer IA here at the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, MA that is a fully restored runner, fully kitted out. You can get right up to it and stick your head (and camera) inside.

2 Likes

@SSGToms I was able to stick my head and phone into the Pz1 on its debut. It is a fabulous restoration. My oldest daughter lives a few minutes from the museum so I try to pop in on each visit.

3 Likes

Latest update video, lets watch a craftsman at work.

3 Likes

i was glued to the video series from the OZ guys where they were restoring the Stug III; these guys are tops in their craft.

3 Likes

Next instalment, Swing arm and drive sprocket. Bonus an engine is sourced.

2 Likes

Ooooh, a Krupp Sport! :wink:

2 Likes

The boys are back with fabrication of the final drive and return rollers.

3 Likes

13:17, Broom broom noises!
Ken

1 Like

Workshop Wednesday videos on YouTube are brilliant. If you’re not watching them, you should be…

2 Likes