P-40/1S12 Long Track S-band acquisition radar finished

Hi all
I finally finished this beast of a kit. It’s the Trumpeter kit with quite a lot of scratch building and the radiator is from Panzershop.
Hope you like it :grin:

26 Likes

I love the interior! Can you post more pics or pics of the references you used?

1 Like

These pictures are from before I closed it up.

10 Likes

Masterpiece.

1 Like

What a fantastic build. The trashed interiors look fantastic and superb weathering inside and out… The outside bare metal areas are very very well done. Lovely to look at … :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic rusty old radar Jacob- I really love these big monsters and to see one all abandoned and dirtied up like this is awesome. The interior is beautifully worked over too- the exposed springs in the seats is a particularly nice touch and I think you’ve got the patina on the paint done to perfection both inside and out. Inspiring stuff!

2 Likes

Very nice! You can almost smell ‘old’ when looking at the interior pics, the leaves and debris on the cabin floor really bring this to life. I’m still looking for the bird nest, I know there’s one in there somewhere LOL.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

I agree, this will have a smell most of us who have served will know. It’s a fantastic piece in my opinion.

2 Likes

That is sensational. Thanks for showing us such an inspiring piece.

1 Like

A real masterpiece… those seats look very very good… and the color… each time you look at it, you see some more great details…

1 Like

The depth of paint detailing is astounding. Everywhere you look you can see differing layers of decay. The blending and variation of rust tones is mastery. Each is individual, yet blends across the vehicle to give the whole a worn, abandoned patina. The color nuances and finish are beyond perfect. The debris has that musty autumn odor. I can smell it. And a little oil. A complete tour de force. Bravo!

1 Like

Woo hoo!
Ken

2 Likes

Outstanding!!

1 Like