P-400 Airacobra 1:72 Arma Hobby

OK. This is my last in my stash (but for sure not last at all :slight_smile: ) Arma Hobby model. This time I’m going to build P-400 from New Guinea. So:
the model

add-ones (decals, PE and resin parts):

Till now I glued some parts and used some PE parts:

and I painted interior:

I used Ammo A.MIG No 221 paint as ZCY and Tamiya XF-26 as Bell Green.
Stay tuned :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m working in cockpit. Only instrument panel left.

9 Likes

Good luck with the Cobra build, Andy! Will follow as always. Is the balance weight included in the kit or is it aftermarket?
In my old 1/48 Eduard Cobras the weight is included but not so in the later ones.

Greetings from Malta :malta:
Torsten

1 Like

Torsten, the 3 metal balls are included in the kit and they are perfectly fit in the special holes in plastic part.

I’m going to use Yahu YMA 7344 set:

I prepared instrument panel for instal:

Time to install inside the cockpit.

5 Likes

Yahu on place:

4 Likes

I glued fuselage, stabilizers and wings:

I added small sheet of plastic to air intake and drilled holes in fuselage MG’s:

In cockpit I added gunsight from Quickboost:

And I started to mount canopy:

7 Likes

I glued together fuselage and wings and for sure I’m building the Airacobra :slight_smile:

I put some Mr. Surfacer and now I’m rescribing panel lines and putying and sanding some points on fuselage and wings.

2 Likes

Preparing for underside colour.
I used white (X-2), ZCY (Ammo Mig 221), medium blue (XF-18) and neutral grey (XF-53) paints.

Tomorrow I’m going to put finished colour.

3 Likes

Duck Egg Blue on place.

4 Likes

Nice progress so far, Andy! :+1:

1 Like

Dark Earth (Tamiya XF-52) on place.

5 Likes

Dark Green (Tamiya XF-61) on place. Small accident happened :slight_smile: I broke rudder during removing Patafix.

6 Likes

The rudder looks repairable from here, Andy. Mishaps happen to me all the time … :smile:
Camo looks great! :+1:

1 Like

I know, Torsten :slight_smile: Now it’s even better because the vertical stabilizer is in Olive Drab and now will be easier to paint it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tail painted.

5 Likes

Good salvage, Andy! :+1:

1 Like

I started to put decals.

I also mounted propeller.

6 Likes

A bit more decals:

6 Likes

Doors and undercarriage ready for install.

5 Likes