Painting Stands

I am looking for one to do 1/48 WW2 planes. I have seen the Tamiya one but I would like to buy or make one that is cheaper than that one. How do you position your planes for painting and decaling? Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=model+plane+paint+stands&oq=model+plane+paint+stands&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l3j0i390l2.17166j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Just for some perspective, here’s the LMG turntable base:

1 Like

Thanks. My brain is on vacation. :laughing:

1 Like

I will have a look at that. I guess you are happy with it?

It’s okay for what it is- a 7.25 inch turn table made out of laser cut wood that rotates on a sealed bearing.

It’s also got a spring clip that clicks into each slot on the outer circumference. I thought it took too much effort to turn so I bent the spring down to make it easer to rotate.

BTW, I’m not smart enough to build aircraft. I use this as a paint stand for tanks and such. The reason it’s so clean is that there’s usually a piece of cardboard between it and what I’m painting.

As I understand it, the airplane holding stand attaches to this base.

Free. Just some foam glued together with a tail notch and a couple of cocktail sticks to stop it sliding off at an angle

4 Likes

A good friend gave me the Tamiya based as a gift. Put them to good use.

4 Likes

Cake decorating rotating stand. Was 5 or 6 pounds sterling from the supermarket, handy for larger projects

but I have the Tamiya stands and use them all the time, a worthwhile investment too. And the one which is meant for 1/24th car bodies can be used for larger 1/35th turrets.

5 Likes