Panda 1/35 BMD-2

Great look you have there Max. Those stub axles do look mighty fragile… I think I would of snapped off a lot more than just the one wheel.
The decals give it a nice contrast onto the green. Looks really nice and the launcher gives it another focal point with another contrast in colour :+1::+1:

Those tracks are giving me anxiety just looking at them. Well done for sticking with them!

It hasn’t gone together as smoothly as I initially thought it would. There are a lot if mistakes in the instructions and I have nightmares and sore fingers working on the tracks. Just one track (88 links) to do.

Calling this done now. As I said in my previous post it hasn’t gone as well as I would have liked but to be honest not a great deal wrong with the kit. As with most indi links the kit tracks are a ballache to do but at least these are only two part even if they are miniscule. Its not weathered a great deal as I never really do that to my kits but I think the blue decals really make it something different to look at. Anyway done and dusted as they say.

and a little something for Johnny that I found this weekend tucked into a pack of old photos.

5 Likes

Ahhhhh Max… You know how to cheer someone up … I can never get enough of seeing a Swingfire going down range. Lovely picture. Thanks :+1:
The BMD is looking really nice as well. A clean look works just as well and shows off the kit nicely. Great job :+1::+1:

Good job on the BMD- it looks great and as you said the blue decals add a nice bit of color to it.

Great job on the BMD. Nice job on those tracks especially!

Thanks for the feedback guys. The tracks are probably better as indi’s, I think having rubber band tracks would look strange plus there are no side skirts to hide the join behind. The main colours used were Vallejo’s Russian Green (71.017) for the hull and turret, Vallejo interior green 71.010 for the antenna and Vallejo Panzer Aces track primer (304) on the tracks with worn areas in Vallejo oily steel (70.865. The launcher is Miniature Paints Khaki and the cannon and machine gun barrels Tamiya dark iron (XF-84)

1 Like