Panzer 39 (H) with rockets

Hi all,
I am close to begin the building of the kit of the Panzer 39 (H) of Trumpeter, the French Hotchiss H 39 reutilized by Germans with the addition of four rocket rails on the sides.
I wasn’t able to find any wartime photo of it, could anyone tell me where to look for them?
The painting instructions arevery confusing: the example n.61 is shown with dark grey background and red brown blotches on the box, while the bw instructions seem to suggest 3 shades camouflage but don’t write what colors are. A second example, with a red heart on the turret, looks to have a light background with darker blurried blotches.
I suppose that it is impossible to knowif they preserved the French camouflage or were fully repainted by Germans.
I would like suggestions on some details to add. For example, I suppose that the roclets should have some ignition wire, how could it be connected?
Thank you for any help.

Here’s a view of a 38H :

Here’s a picture showing some ignition wires on the other launcher version :

Here’s a period picture of a 39H (accoding to the caption) that belonged to the Panzer-Abteilung 205 (you can hardly notice the side mounted launchers) :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/panzerdb/6355431939/in/album-72157626699530351/

Corresponding color profile :

H.P.

1 Like

Doesn’t show a lot, but it appears to be repainted with at least overall Dunkelgelb, hard to see if there are any additional colors.

Cool shot of one firing;

1 Like

This view shows a different launcher type (compared to the kit launchers ) which appears to be the same as in the second picture Paska posted above (that’s the very same one I posted the link to in my reply :wink:) I guess they’re made of metal, not wood like the other type :

H.P.

1 Like

Thank you very much. The latest image seems to show an ignition wire downwards.
Do you think that the wood structures were reutilized more than once? Should they show traces of stains or burns?

There were different size rockets (28 cm and 32 cm) (Thanks for the correction H.P.) and the launcher frames were both a wooden type and a metal type:

Those hexagonal tubular frame ones appear specific to the vehicle and are permanently fixed as opposed to the normal frame that just holds the square transport frame and the frame is removed after use. They may have been designed like the Trailer type launcher which had permanently fitted launcher rails:

1 Like

I guess you mean 28 cm and 32 cm ! :wink:

H.P.

2 Likes

Yes, well, ermm, ahem… oops

Thank you. Some interesting details have emerged.
In consideration of the difficulty to find further images, I’ll make a generic German camouflage with two crosses on the turret sides, unless anything new will emerge.