Panzer II Luchs at Arnhem?

Currently building ICM’s 1:35 Panzer II Luchs and it’s from the Battle for Arnhem box. I’ve read up on market garden but don’t recall any units having the Luchs with them, i did further research online and one of the axis history forums shows that there may have been some but no concrete proof. Can anyone shed some light on this or recommend a different battle they were in. I’ve read accounts of them in Normandy with the SS as well as 116 i believe.

1 Like

The only info I have handy says most went to the Eastern Front but some were pulled back to Normandy in the summer of 1944. Beyond that I’m not sure.

2 Likes

@brekinapez well that’s better then nothing, i appreciate it. I also didn’t realize these were used at Kursk as well.

1 Like

Neither Hohenstaufen nor Frundsberg had any, so unlikely at Arnhem, unless Krafft’s 16 SS Training Battalion had one for training purposes, but I’ve never seen any mention of one.

1 Like

@Hohenstaufen thats interesting, wonder if ICM got it wrong years ago and never fixed it.

1 Like

Early ICM was not like it is today. In fact, due to some legal mishaps and a restructuring ICM is almost a new company, and quality-wise a much better one.

2 Likes

@brekinapez ahhh, i didn’t know icm had legal issues. All this makes sense now.

1 Like

If for some reason you ever find yourself in the Kennesaw, GA, HobbyTown USA ask Kevin to tell you about it.

2 Likes

@brekinapez jeeez i used to be in Columbus wish i could make that trek now days

1 Like