Phantom F4E 1/48 best choice Meng or Zoukei-Mura

Looking for opinions on a F4E Phantom build. So far Meng and Zoukei-Mura. Finally came across a decal sheet for one out of Ramstein when I was there. Decals are going to be about at $75 shipped it seems thru house of phantoms. Fudge…

Anyway anyone with build time with either brand?

Don’t know about the Meng kit but I have the Zoukei-Mura F-4J (Navy) kit and was told I need to get the following Resin correction set.

F-4 Phantom Fuselage Correction Set (hypersonicmodels.com)

Cheers
:beer: :nerd_face: :beer:

I think Z-M fixed that in the E kit. It’s a very nice kit indeed, but an early non-slatted version, if that matters to what you’re doing.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have kit No. 9 so not sure if mine needs the correction or not. In my eye I can’t tell the difference.

Cheers
:beer: :nerd_face: :beer:

1 Like

Yeah, I am not sure if it just a little next level crazy with the air guys, or I am just hitting all the rivet counter threads. This plane is picked upon a bit it seems. Lots of determined builders with them.

I found this pic today. Really cool for me. In it right below the left wing is Ramstein HQ, the place were my dad would be on certain days. A truck bomb went off and blew about 10 cars away around it. I was at school just off to the right of this pic about 200 yards two the east of the bottom right corner. I was at my locker when the blast wave came thru the school and shut my locker door. The bomb went off around 7:10am. Normal start time was 7:30 for the staff at that building. After that bombing base security changed a lot. To the very North of this pic is Landstuhl. If the pic was about two inched taller you could see the town. Which we were bused from for school. They would bring the dogs onto the bus for a while after this. Before the bombing I could walk onto Ramstein without ever being challenged at any gate. In the top right of this pic is the south gate were you can see a road cut thru the woods. Thats actually an emergency extra runway if a war started. So everyday we came to school or left to go home, we got to see all the different stuff sitting on the tarmac. Almost always there was an AWACS sitting there. Always a C5 and 141 also. Anyway a lot of memories just from that pic. And yes in that pic would be were the airshow disaster happened and spread across the field. Also my previous story of protestors being rounded up during nuke protests happened about 100 yards from what looks to be a c130 in camo.

1 Like

came across some of these old pics. From what I can tell thru google maps they have done away with the bunkers. Kinda of a Star Wars style or like the ones in England. I might have snuck a bit close to these at one time. :shushing_face:

phantom2
phantom3

1 Like

I have the ZM F4E. The fuselage issue was fixed with their E model. Great kit. Only recommendation I would make is to upgrade the exhaust nozzles to a more detailed set.

1 Like