Pier 51 Fordson E83W

These are a couple of pics of the Accurate Armour Fordson E83W I’m working on for my Pier 51 dio that is underway after many, many years.

PA020469

PA020468

Almost done.

Al

11 Likes

A few more pics to give you a broader idea of what’s going on.

P9120446

P9120450

P9130467

P9130465

P9120436

P9120441

P9100410

P9070395

P9070396

Al

11 Likes

A few more

P9130457

P9130456

10 Likes

That’s a pretty cool and extensive project.

Hi, Recon,

Thanks for looking in. It’s a project that started about 15 years ago, then life took over, marriage, a change of working pattern, other projects, then retirement and a house move followed by several years of renovations. I got around to finally laying the base this January, searched out as many of the boxed items as I could find and decided to get it underway. I’ve managed to find most things but annoyingly can’t find the boom for the coal crane not the steps, no so far anyway. It’s slowly taking shape, but as they say it is a bit of a monster.

Cheers

Al

1 Like

Love the scope of this build. It’s the kind of dio to spend some time on and soak in all the details. Bravo for sticking with it all these years.

Hi, Thanks for looking in. Considering much of it has been boxed up, moved around from pillar to post, items suffered less damage than I expected. Still looking for some key bits though.

Thanks

Al

Loving the Diorama, composition is good, & you are tying the various elements together.

One thing stands out though, The Ammo boxes on the Euro palettes… which weren’t invented until 1961

The boxes with the do look right for WW2.

Thanks Jon, good point.

Al

What do those hoses and valves represent? (No criticism intended here just not familiar with equipment around the docks.

Also where do the railroad tracks go?

Hi, fuel and or water valves & pipes for shipping. There are no rail tracks on the dio,

Al

Sorry. I thought I saw RR trackage ending at the valves.

No problem, the Italeri Long Dock does come with molded in rail tracks, but they are for European gauge not British gauge. It’s also designed for a straight run, but given the angles in the pier I had to do a lot of surgery to make the pieces fit and to utalise the cut offs. The original plan did envisage a rail track but I wanted to maxamise the area for the boats so compromised there.

AL