Pimp my JLTV lo-rider

JLTV in Latvian service…

Ready for the hobbyboss kit you’re waiting on.

1 Like

Definitely needs a wrap to bring out the character.

toyota-hilux-tonka-c-10_600x0w

It would make an excellent Tonka in my opinion.

But lots of creative folks out there might come up with something much better…

truckbackwrap

Or maybe not…

1 Like

Is hobby boss really coming out with a kit of the JLTV?

I dunno why, but while I think the M-ATV is a very cool looking vehicle, I find the JLTV ugly. Something about the nose. Anyway, my impression was that HobbyBoss was planning to kit a utility variant of the M-ATV but not yet the JLTV. That said, I’d love to see a 1/35 JLTV in styrene, especially if the US military is planning on acquiring a bunch of them.

The photo is of the vehicle in transport configuration. It is not supposed to be driven that way, although a few jarheads have done so with more than one, and tore up the fenders while turning them.
There’s a standard height, and also a fording height, which is also not intended for normal driving. That’s why you can find a few photos of them on their side.

I am not aware of a Hobby Boss kit, I shopped my walk around and measurements around with a few companies, most notable Kinetic, but there doesn’t seem to be much interest. Yet.

If you want to get ahead of the curve, get your walk around from me now. I’ve got photos that cannot be found anywhere else.

1 Like

Lovin’ tha beatle!

1 Like

Ah, possibly I’ve confused it with the M-ATV. Minor detail, really. Look! Squirrel!

JLTVs can really be “tricked out” depending on how much the nation wants to spend on one vehicle. With a unit cost of around $370,000, the JLTV can get pretty pricey for one loaded with all the odds and ends for high-end combat. But one can get a combat truck outfitted with armament that rivals a IFV.

Here is one with a RWS with SPIKE ATGM, machine gun, Active Protection, and ATGM jammers.

Here is one with a 30mm RWS.

Here is a USMC one with .50cal CROWS II RWS and a Anti-UAV laser on the rear frame.

Yeah, it would be great to see a competent (not looking at you, Panda and Kinetic) company kit that Trophy JLTV in 1/35 styrene - I still think it’s ugly compared to the M-ATV but it’s a purposeful and futuristic ugly.

Modern Bauhaus Design? The front’s ugly enough to look pretty sweet.

So ugly it could be a modern art masterpiece lol

For me I think the front clip(?) looks bbbbbad, definitely an aggressive if not angry facia.

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

The only model I know of is a resin 1/50 scale example from Spectre Minatures.

They are a wargames producer but their vehicles are better than average in terms of constant scale and accuracy (not perfect but much better than many I’ve seen).

They do a decent MRZR 2 and MRZR 4 as well.

From Defense Blog.

Actually, that photo looks like it’s in fording mode. Driving it that way is not a good idea. More than few have been rolled. It shouldn’t be driven in “low rider” mode either. It has a tendency to chew up its own wheel wells when driven in transport mode.

1 Like

Senior Airman Korey Sarantopoulos, 90th Logistics Readiness Squadron vehicle maintenance journeyman, waits for Mark Bramman, 90 LRS vehicle maintenance craftsman, to drive a Joint Light Tactical Vehicle into the maintenance bay before performing a limited technical inspection on F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyoming, Oct 25, 2022. The 90 LRS is tasked with preparing the next generation of security forces vehicles sent to protect the 90th Missile Wing’s ICBM missile system as part of Air Force Global Strike Command’s priority to modernize. (U.S. Air Force photo by Joseph Coslett)

JLTV Ambulance version video:

the Pic of the vehicle at night is not JLTV its a M1240A1 M-ATV

You’re correct…the headlights are different. Thanks for the correction. :grinning:

On the modelling news site theres news of a new kit of this . Dont look like it has radios in it …dont get that.