Pinwash, weathering, sealing and stuff

Nightgaunt, starting the KV-2 next week and looking back at the ISU after some time is the smart decision in my opinion.

The KV-2 with the tall turret sides is a nearly perfect practice field for vertical streaking with oil dot filter techniques. Pastel chalk or pigments also etc. The KV style hull is nice sized with many open areas ideal for practicing techniques.

Regarding retouching with wet cotton swabs or removing pigments etc, I grind pastel chalk for my pigment dust. That’s easy enough to remove or tone down, I imagine the store bought pigments are similar. I’ve used a very light flat coat in the past and pastels greatly tone down. I don’t know if that would directly apply to pigments.

Regarding, Vallejo faded olive green pigment, would it be good for streaking?

Regarding pigments or chalk dust etc for streaking, I much prefer an oil dot filter on a gloss surface for streaking. Other folks may feel differently. It’s one of those things each modeler will need to try and decide accordingly.

Most of the weathering, I do gets built in with shadow painting, washes & dry brushing. Oil dot filters for streaking, flat coat and just a little chalk dust at the end. Here’s my thoughts on the process Old School Shadow Painting Finishing

This thread has a lot of great info and details on how to approach using pigments etc well worth a good study.
Chris Bryan - How I Paint and Weather SBS