Post Cards from the old Patton Museum

Antos during a Vietnam Reenactment
The Antos would later be fully rebuilt and restored to running order by the Patton Volunteers.

A very impressive sliding turn by Gerald Atherton to bring the vehicle nose to face the enemy and safely discharge the troops from the rear.

1_Zippo

The Patton actually brought in a Hollywood guy to do a Flamethrower demonstration. Both manpack and vehicle mount.

3 Likes

Panzer III restoration to running order again done mostly by the Patton Volunteers. (The Men of Steel)

PzRepair
New gas, new oil, new spark plugs. Clean the distributor and add two brand new “off the shelf” BMW radiators and she’s now a runner!

Inertial Start

1 Like

At one of the final "all out’ reenactment events held at the Patton.
The view from my Sherman!

1 Like

I was at Ft Knox in 76 and 77. I visited the Patton Museum several times and explored the warehouses nearby. I never liked to see vehicles just sitting in the weather because they rot. My friend and I found the MBT 70 sitting by one of the vehicle storage warehouses. The warehouses were shaped like a landing craft and I am sure they were used as a way to configure vehicle storage aboard an LCT. When we looked inside there were WW2 vehicles stored inside side by side and nose to tail. They were in their original paint as far as we could tell.

2 Likes