Problems with my messages

Hello Friends,

I have a problem in my messages as they are being tagged as offensive. Howeve, I did not and have not typed anything of such. Made a purchase and talking model building. So, why am I getting tagged? Please advice. Thank you kindly.

Mike

Mike, I had the same experience recently - in what I thought was an inoffensive reply I used two suspect words. The first I was using as the antonym to “advanced” which begins r-e-t, unfortunately that word can be used as an insult. I haven’t tried using it again so I’m not sure if that was actually the problem, but the other word certainly was – if you play Bridge it’s the bid suit that beats all others and I was using it to describe how something beat all other considerations…but it’s also the surname of the immediate past President of the USA. Not surprisingly the forum would automatically block any political discourse, it probably blacklists the current President’s surname too :upside_down_face:

All I can suggest is look again at the words you used, perhaps with a particularly dirty mind? :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Hey Mike,
@Dioramartin is correct. Apparently Trumpeter cannot be abbreviated using only the first five letters. :thinking:
The blocked messages do still show up, the recipient just needs to click to see them. Until Dioramartin mentioned it, I Can’t tell you how many times I read it looking for so sort of issue/problem. Even spent 5 minutes trying to figure out if I had hid some type of flag this post button.

1 Like

I had to read your post four or five times and run through all the lists to even figure out what was triggering the flag. If you want to use shorthand for Trumpeter, I’d suggest using Trumpy or Trumpie vs. what you did as that was the problem. The flag has been removed, all is good. No harm, no foul.

Doc

1 Like

Lol… sorry I noticed this happening the other day. We don’t usually have a problem with political posts so I may just remove the “Trump” watched word.

And I did so Trumpeter can be Trump… but Trumpy is cool too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now this is funny. The system though I was getting political.

So, for future reference, do I need to type Forty Five instead of #45? What about the term “come on man.” :grin:

Anyway, I thank you gents…
@Dioramartin,
@staff_Jim,
@white4doc,
@Sherb

for clarifying for me what was causing flag in my message. I too read it many times and came with nothing…:slightly_smiling_face: I’m sure this is not the first time my asking for assistance with this.

Mike

Happy to be able to help, Mike.

1 Like