Questions about Marine Peleliu Sherman Tanks…

All the track is Tamiya spares, the plastic spare track and the rubber band track as well. The add on armor plate is spare Tasca stuff. The rear headlights, brush guards, and crew are also all Tamiya spare parts. Everything else strictly OOTB, was NOT going to spend any additional money on this kit, I honestly don’t think it’s worth spending a dime of AM parts on this. I even used the awful plastic barrel that comes in the kit, LOL.

3 Likes

Looks like a Sherman to me :wink:

Yes, like I said, I can only recommend this kit if you want a low budget fast build project. If you want accuracy don’t even bother with this kit. If you want something you can quickly practice your painting and weathering skills on, then this is the kit for you. I think it’s good to have affordable Sherman tank kits at 1/35. As it stands right now you have this M4A2, the old Italeri M4A1 76mm, the Tamiya M4, and the two Tamiya M4A3s as low budget options so entry level modelers now have another inexpensive Sherman version available :slight_smile:

Fixing the issues would literally require replacing the upper hull, turret, suspension, and FDA. Then you are basically building a whole new kit anyways and so money wise it makes no sense to upgrade this.

I appreciate this kit for what it is, it’s a low budget kit that will end up “looking” like a passable M4A2 75mm if you can look past it’s issues. And for me it allowed me to use spare parts that I would have never used otherwise. For now, it fills a gap in my Sherman collection.