Questions about the product EZ Line

I’m building a 1/72nd M728 CEV with the boom upright.
I was told that the product EZ Line was better than using thread,is this correct?
I know that there’s a small, medium and large sizes that you can purchase, but I would really like to know more about the product.
Such as,

1. How reliable is this product?
  2. What size should I use for the cable that is used on the winch and pulleys?
  3. How does one adhere the EZ Line to models?
  4. Done this product need to be painted?
  5. Where can you buy this product?
    Thank you for your all your information.

Chris,

Coincidentally, I have been researching this product recently.
It appears to be perfect for replicating rigging lines on scale
model ships, as well as rigging between the wings on biplane
models.
I am not sure where you are in the world, but here in the UK, a
good source is Model Scenery Supplies (based in Norfolk).
The company can be reached via their website:

EZ Line is available in two thicknesses, and in a range of colours.

Paul

Sir,
I live in Hampton, New Hampshire, USA.
Thank you.

Chris,

I have ordered mine for M&M in Chicago.

HTH

EZ Line is black. It can stretch at least 3 or 4 times its relaxed length. The larger sizes are flat like a ribbon and it will twist when applied. Since it is flat the twists will be apparent on longer lengths. I’ve found that the Uschi product is better as the filament is narrower, and twists don’t show.
:smiley: :canada:

EZ Line is available in 2 sizes and 6 colours - Black, White, Blue, Green, Rust and ‘Rope’

I’ve used EZ line on several builds, primarily for aircraft antenna wires, but also for WWI aircraft rigging, so I’ll pitch in my own experience.

1. It is reliable.
  2. Size, I can’t recommend what size to use, but as you stretch the product, it does get thinner, so there is some variable in this question.
  3. Adherence is best done in my experience with CA glue and CA Glue accelerator. Put a dab of CA on one anchor point, position one end of the line there, dab on some accelerator and allow it to dry and anchor in place. Repeat the process at the opposite point of where the line will go. I have found that a steady hand, good tweezers, and micro brushes & toothpicks come in handy for this process.
  4. Does it need to be painted? No not really, at least not with the black line that I’ve used. Is it accurate? Maybe it’s a bit off in color, but it’s at least visible.
  5. Where can you buy it? I bough mine off of Amazon.

Here is some as antenna wire on a P-40 that I built a few years ago…

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for all your information and knowledge.

1 Like